UK Logistics Excellence Manager, UK remote, £competitive
Manchester, Greater Manchester
£60000 - £85000 per annum
about 1 month ago
Role: UK Logistics Excellence Manager
Location: Must be based in the UK, entirely work from home
Travel: c2 days travel a week to sites/suppliers, with one or two overnight stays per month
Salary: €comp + bonus and package
***Current Right to Work in the UK is essential for this role***
This could be the perfect role for you if you have:
- Driven continuous improvement across groups of sites (at least 8+ sites at any one time, ideally more)
- Centralised strategies, processes and KPIs across a group of sites (warehouses/manufacturing plants) and teams
- Worked for multi-£bn matrix organisations
- Experienced managing both large 3PLs and small haulage suppliers across the UK, and ideally internationally
Excellent opportunity to join a global, multi-£bn manufacturing company that is expanding rapidly, has a fantastic company culture and offers significant progression opportunities.
Brilliant opportunity to drive logistics and transport performance across the UK, working more as a consultant. In this strategic role, you'll report directly to the Head of Supply Chain and drive continuous logistics and transport improvements across the tens of sites and warehouses within the region, acting more as a consultant. You will offer experience and knowledge to the logistics and site teams and be the primary point of contact for improvement projects.
This is not an operational logistics role and covers the logistics, warehouse and transport duties as listed below. You'll also work closely with the 3PL's, carriers and transport companies.
- Drive continuous improvement programmes to deliver savings across both UK warehousing and transport operations, both internally and across third parties
- Uses operational experience to drive a Continuous Improvement programme
- Drive stakeholder management
- Implement processes to standardise KPI Performance Management to improve efficiency and understanding
- Identify opportunities and prioritise projects
- Work with Central Procurement when changes to contracted terms or suppliers are required
- Work with site Logistic Managers to mentor and develop continuous improvement actions, as well as driving a standard management function across the UK business
- Assisting and identification of improvements in Demand and Capacity planning to drive site efficiency to the logistic plan.
- Use operational knowledge to drive efficiencies (For example through payload and volumetric improvements, backhaul opportunity and lane management) and achieve improved network optimisation within the corporate strategy
- 5-10 years' experience in managing and improving transport and warehousing operations in a 3PL/manufacturing environment, ideally for large international companies
- Logistics/transport experience with manufacturing/production sites is highly preferred
- Six Sigma Black Belt or equivalent Lean training welcomed
- Evidence of change management delivery and integration