Up to £41659 per annum + + Benefits
about 1 year ago
Procurement Manager Derby Salary £ £41,659 + benefits
Remotely based (office 1-2 times per month + supplier visits)
Are you looking for a role where you can deliver a strategic procurement service for both internal and external customers and where you can contribute significantly to the delivery of allocated procurement projects within key markets, ensuring contract compliance, sustainable cost improvements, and a range of benefits across the region? If so, this opportunity could be for you!
In this role you will have the opportunity to provide specialist market and procurement knowledge to customers whilst contributing to the achievement of targets in a challenging environment through the delivery of cost and efficiency savings by analysing current spend across a range of customer and categories to support the development of procurement strategies.
You will need to have experience of ensuring contract compliance, and excellence through the implementation of efficient and effective procurement projects.
You will also influence and engage with customers and suppliers to maximise value by actively managing the marketplace through the development of key strategies for supplier and contract management.
- Significant senior procurement experience, including managing tender processes.
- Experience of managing relationships with suppliers and customers.
- Experience of project managing complex projects from initial planning to contract award.
- Experience of managing change.
- Category knowledge of market areas related to specific work categories, including where applicable manufacturing and product knowledge and supply chain.
- Knowledge of EU Procurement Directives
- Knowledge of Commercial and Contract Law.
- Knowledge of risk management processes.
- Knowledge of the CIPS Supply Code of Ethics.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel to an advanced level to produce graphs, mathematical and logical formulas.
- Educated to degree level in relevant subject or equivalent level qualification or significant experience of working at a similar level in specialist area
- Evidence of continued professional development
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong persuasion and influencing skills.
- Ability to produce and implement procurement strategies.
- Ability to manage and coordinate large and complex projects involving multiple personnel from different organisations.
- Ability to deliver projects to target (timescales and financial) and manage in a collaborative, inclusive and focused leadership style.
- Ability to manage multiple contracts to ensure best value for money and high service levels.
- Ability to analyse and evaluate data and make recommendations on the best value options for procurement and supply.
- Ability to lead and implement change in a challenging environment.
- Ability to plan and deliver presentations to large groups including explaining complex and/or contentious issues.
- Ability to manage and prioritise own workload and the workload of support staff.
- Meets tight deadlines in a fast-paced dynamic environment with high levels of performance
- Ability to travel to meetings and customer sites on a regular basis including travel to locations outside of the East of England.
If this sounds like you, then send your updated CV over to me at: alex.steel@1st-executive and we can arrange a further chat. Interviews will take place ASAP.