£250 - £300 per day
8 months ago
A Test Automation Engineer is required for a key client of 1st Executive, a global conglomerate with multiple business units across the world and a fantastic, house-hold name to add to your CV. This is an initial 6 month interim contract, and an excellent opportunity to gain solid experience with a well respected organisation.
A Test Automation Engineer is required due to the organisation undergoing change, and looking to transition their testing from manual to automated. This role will suit someone who has worked Test Automation projects before in the past, and preferably someone who has helped an organisation transition from manual to automated testing.
Role and responsibilities:
- Help drive Automation practices and processes.
- Advocate and champion quality coding, best practices and participate in test review.
- Participate in all test activities, e.g. test execution, collecting metrics, crafting and handling testing schedules, reporting defects, etc.
- Provide input into the improving the automation test framework.
- Help define the automated test criteria to be used to determine which functionality should be automated.
- Develop automated test for all functionality that meets the specified automation criteria.
Key required experience:
- Programming: Java
- Experience of developing automated tests for Java
- Experience with an automated test framework
- Experience of working within Linux and Windows environments
- Experience of API testing
- Experience of working with Containerization
- Spring Boot & Spring Cloud
- Continuous integration/delivery
If you think that this position suits your experience and you would like to find out more, please call Elliot Fisher on 01483 212186.