Temporary Strategic Head of HR
£1000 - £1800 per day
over 1 year ago
One of the world's largest and most recognisable financial institutions has an urgent requirement for an Interim Head of HR Strategic Planning.
This is an interim contract offering up to £1800 p/d inside IR35. The Client is based in London offering flexible working.
The role holder will be responsible for leading the HR Strategy Office, working with the CHRO, HR Exco and Head of HR Transformation to define and set the strategic priorities for the function. Key responsibilities include:
- Reviewing broader business strategy to determine talent implications and define the HR strategic plan.
- Ensuring HR leadership teams are informed and wider people strategy and plans are aligned and connected.
- Leading engagement with the HR leadership team to define, develop and maintain the HR 3 - 5year strategic plan.
- Leading key Group/Global strategic priorities for the HR function, including establishing and uplifting M&A capability for HR alongside wider people considerations.
- Managing updates to the GEC, Board, and other committees as required on Talent and HR strategy.
- Leading input/review of broader updates in relation to HR and Talent strategy e.g. ESG and ARA reporting.
- Leading on interlock with teams outside HR including Group Strategy, Reputation and Brand, and Communications to ensure Talent and People implications and plans are fully integrated with wider Group plans and initiatives.
- Identifying, agreeing, and managing key external partnerships in support of HSBC's people strategy.
- Augmenting internal HR expertise with external thought leadership and insights.
Governance and Committee Memberships
- Member of the HR Transformation Governance Forum, and HR Exco Quarterly Business Reviews.
- Member of additional Group Programme Steering Committees where representing HR on non-HR programmes.
Accountabilities for Business, Customers and Stakeholders
- HR interlock for Group Strategy, Corporate Development (in context of M&A), Reputation, Brand, and Comms.
- HR stakeholders inc. CHRO (GEC), HR ExCo (GEC - 1), HR Leadership and HR Consultants (typically GEC - 2).
Leadership & Teamwork
- Member of the HR Transformation leadership team (GEC - 4), leading the HR Strategy Office of ~5 perm FTE.
- Oversight of consulting/external partnerships in the pursuit of key strategic priorities.
- Working in collaboration with broader HR Transformation and stakeholder groups outlined above.
- Interpreting and setting strategy, including facilitation of senior leadership through strategic planning.
- Understanding / appreciation of future HR / workforce trends to inform people considerations and priorities.
- Highly organized with excellent communication and writing (paper and presentation) skills.
This is an urgent requirement so if it is of interest, please apply ASAP and contact Jamie.email@example.com to find out more.