£550 - £660 per day
26 days ago
Temporary Software Engineer £660pd (inside)
An excellent opportunity for an Interim Software Engineer with Desktop Java experience to join a high-performance team overcoming key business challenges and truly driving continuous improvement. This role is within an exciting, fast-paced environment, offering the experience to work with brand new tools and technologies. My client is a FTSE 100 Oil & Gas company at the very forefront of their field for sustainability, undergoing huge corporate transformation.
This role sits in a successful and highly profitable part of the business, which adds 10s millions of value, through improvement of systems and data quality, and decision-making support via software, primarily in support of trading and shipping delivery. You will work to engineer low-latency, high-performance code, and support transformation of data and mapping.
You will drive operational value, working with a variety of solutions across advanced optimisation, machine learning and simulation learning.
This role offers £660 per day (inside IR35, through Umbrella), for a 6-month contract with flexible working from home and in London.
- Work closely with Senior peers to optimise Logistics Operations and Portfolios.
- Primarily focus on Java Desktop
- This role will have a strong focus on writing code and ensuring best practice is followed for Design, Build and Test.
- Maintain documentation to a high quality, ensuring auditability and knowledge sharing.
- Collaborate to develop the current technology platform and the long-term optimisation strategy.
- Excellent software engineering experience, fluent in the Java ecosystem.
- Strong understanding of Algorithmics and / or strong mathematical ability.
- The ability to work in and fit into an Agile environment.
- Solid Java ability, with low-latency, high-performance code.
- Ability to engage across complex stakeholder landscape to understand business requirements and clearly communicate models and ideas.
This is an incredibly urgent requirement, so if interested, please apply asap - any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org / call 01483213310.