City of London, London
£400 - £425 per day
SS - 14535_1614616159
about 2 months ago
Temporary Senior Finance Manager - Tax
Temporary Senior Finance Manager - Tax required for an 18 month contract with an international Pharmaceutical company.
This role is responsible for all aspects of tax compliance for the multiple UK legal entities.
This includes ownership of the tax control environment as well as all tax returns: Corporation Tax (including transfer pricing), Employee taxes and Indirect taxes; Senior Accounting Officer and Criminal Finance Act risks and controls. Although some elements of return preparation are completed by different internal teams / external advisors.
The successful candidate will be able to take a high level strategic view and influence senior management as well as taking responsibility for detailed execution. The role is the interface between business operations and tax compliance, ensuring reciprocal consideration of strategic and operational changes in both environments.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- ACA, CTA, ATT or equivalent, with minimum 5 years PQE
- Excellent academics - min 2:1 degree level
- Strong knowledge of UK taxation and associated compliance activities, or the appetite to learn.
- Must be able to apply tax knowledge to day-to-day operations and assigned projects.
- Good communication, networking and influencing skills -manage a variety of stakeholders at all levels effectively, confidently and proactively keeping them up to date.
- Excellent organizational, analytical and problem solving skills are required.
- Able to work in a fast-paced, changing environment, meeting deadlines in an accurate and timely manner.
- Must be able to work independently and exhibit solid project management skills.
- Systems - Good understanding of SAP / Oracle ERP or similar ERP system
- Proficiency with Microsoft tools (Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint, and Word) is required.