£30 - £40 per hour
about 1 month ago
Temporary Product Engineer - Electronics
Currently recruiting an exciting opportunity for an experienced Product Engineer to join a world-leading electronics company, within component obsolescence.
This role is an initial 5-month contract, paying up to £39.38ph, based in Hampshire.
- You will manage component obsolescence issues from Manufacturers, requiring evaluation of alternate components and creation of a robust justifications and technical reports.
- You will carry out verification testing at extremes of battery voltage, temperature, maximum load etc and may also be required to carry out full electrical safety testing.
- The role will require appropriate updating of Parts Lists and Bills of Materials, as well as submission of any Engineering Change Requests to senior stakeholders to manage update of circuit boards.
- You will be involved with developing new or enhancing existing features. Which will involve writing design specifications, specifying components, creating schematics, evaluating designs, managing creation of prototyping assemblies and prototype testing.
- You will complete Validation of support equipment where required.
- Experience with Report writing and documentation creation, with strong attention to detail.
- Strong knowledge of electronic components and their properties.
- Prior experience ensuring adherence to quality management system
- Previous demonstrable experience of working with design bureaus and subcontractor manufacturers.
- Strong Experience of process validation within a regulated environment.
This is an urgent opportunity, so if interested, please apply ASAP.