£500 - £550 per day
8 months ago
Temporary Legal Counsel £500-£550 p/d 6-month contract
One of the world's largest and most innovative chemical and sustainable technologies companies has an urgent requirement for an interim Legal Counsel.
Responsible for providing, on an interim basis, high-quality legal services and supporting the management and mitigation of legal and compliance risks for the manufacturing and refining businesses within the Efficient Natural Resources Sector for jurisdictions other than China and the USA.
- Provide the full range of legal advice to the Business.
- Quickly develop a good knowledge of the legal aspects of the Business, particularly with respect to PGMs, and understand the strategic objectives of the Business in order to provide pro-active, risk-based, pragmatic and focussed legal advice.
- Draft and negotiate a variety of legal documents and commercial contracts both in the UK and internationally, with varying levels of complexity. This may include sale/purchase agreements for both goods and services, joint development agreements, refining agreements, distributor/agency agreements, contractor terms and various international deals. Advise on all legal aspects of such commercial arrangements.
- Provide, manage or coordinate (as appropriate) advice to the Business in respect of ethics and compliance matters working closely with Group Ethics and Compliance.
- Implement and maintain standard form documents and procedures.
- Manage with support from specialist counsel dispute and negotiation of dispute settlements / litigation management.
- Manage specialist legal services provided by external firms, such as non-UK advice on commercial, litigation, and environmental law, set budgets for advice presented by these firms in accordance with Group guidelines and managing that legal spend.
- Possess strong academic credentials including a law degree or conversion qualification and current practising certificate.
- At least 7 years broad legal experience gained in a leading firm, and prior experience in an in-house role.
- Previous experience of working in an international environment
- Experience of working across multiple business units simultaneously
- Experience dealing with Compliance matters
- Experience working within a manufacturing business with complex supply chains
- Exposure to intellectual property and competition law
- Experience of HSE/EA regulatory requirements for COMAH-regulated sites
- Corporate legal experience
This is an extremely urgent requirement in interested please apply immediately