£400 - £500 per day
9 months ago
One of the world's largest and most recognisable insurance providers has an urgent requirement for an Interim Compensation and Mobility Manager.
This is an initial 7-month interim contract offering up to £500 p/d inside IR35 for a candidate to split their time between office (2 days per week) in London and home working.
Ahead of the upcoming year-end reporting period, the client has a requirement for a short-term Global Mobility consultant. The role will primarily be to support the year-end compensation and compliance reporting for our international assignees plus other ad-hoc projects. The role holder will have experience of independently managing annual tax and compliance reporting for international assignees, with experience of working with third party vendors who support the end-to-end international assignment lifecycle.
- Main point of contact for a small number of assignees in Africa, seconded from the UK
- Play a key role in either handling or overseeing the successful execution of the various assignee life-cycle processes (salary, bonus, LTIP & assignment allowance reviews, comp collection, UK modified payroll, balance sheet updates, FX rate reviews etc.)
- Work with in-house payroll and tax providers to track and monitor payroll for correct application of PAYE for outbound assignees on the modified payroll
- Work with tax providers regarding assignees tax / NIC tracking and monitoring residency positions to ensure correct positions are taken
- Work on employment tax compliance issues (in conjunction with tax providers) as they arise to ensure the Company remains compliant from an employment tax, global mobility and social security perspective
- Identify tax and social security risks and work with the business, external tax vendors and HMRC to manage any risks to ensure continued tax and social security compliance
- Provide guidance on employment tax processes and tax equalisation
- Manage queries relating to tax / social security queries and provision of compensation data as requested
- Own and update visa license on the government's Sponsor Management System
- Develop and maintain Global Mobility intranet site
Core Competences Required:
- Previous experience of manging complex international assignments
- Proven experience of managing international employment tax compliance and knowledge of managing annual year-end returns and associated governance and compliance reporting
- Excellent analytical skills, is well versed in Excel, and can calculate data independently, before presenting back to senior stakeholders
- Ability to understand, educate and influence key stakeholders
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to prioritise work demands
- Customer focused with natural propensity to work collaboratively and sensitively to the needs to different
This is an urgent requirement so if it is of interest please apply immediately and contact Jamie.firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more.