East of England, England
£300 - £400 per day
about 1 month ago
Temporary Housing Benefit Manager - £400 (inside)
My client, a large, fast-paced Local Authority, is currently recruiting an Interim Benefits Manager for the delivery of housing benefit, council tax support and housing payment.
This role is an initial 3-4 month contract, offering up to £400 per day (inside IR35, through Umbrella), based in the East of England.
Manage the delivery of high-quality Housing Benefit, Council Tax Support and Discretionary Housing Payment, in line with requirements and regulations, driving cost-efficient digital services and performance.
- Hold responsibility for effective management of the assessment hub across the areas listed above, and ensure any issues are resolved quickly and risk is mitigated.
- Drive positive customer experience and encourage the use of effective digital channels.
- Train and develop staff to maintain a good level of skill across the authority and encourage effective delivery of services.
- Respond to queries from senior Government or high-profile Authority members and resolve any formal complaints.
- Strong, previous experience within a management role, with responsibility for staff amongst conflicting demands.
- Excellent knowledge of Housing Benefits and Council Tax support.
- Demonstrable ability to lead and develop individuals and manage performance.
- Strong skills of customer service, communication, and negotiation.
- Ability to drive continuous improvement.
- Strong financial skills with the ability to evaluate large sets of complex information for decision-making.
- Open and engaging leadership style.
This is an urgent requirement, so if interested, please apply asap.