Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear
£300 - £325 per day
3 months ago
One of the world's largest and most Famous energy organisations have an urgent requirement for an Temporary Environment, Health, and Safety Specialist to support a major windfarm project.
This is an initial 18-month interim contract likely to extent offering up to £325 p/d inside IR 35 based in Newcastle Upon Tyne.
- Reading, understanding and ensuring the project is delivered in accordance with the Consortium EHS Framework.
- Maintaining the Construction phase plan so it always remains current within a document control system
- Maintaining the Construction Environmental Management Plan so that it remains current within a document control system
- Ensuring that all relevant site EHS processes and procedures are developed and implemented by the managing contractor
- Supporting the Consortium Environment Manager in all aspects of environmental management, including maintaining the Project Environmental Management plan within a document control system
- On behalf of the Consortium, developing required procedures, work instructions, audit protocols and other documentation required as part of the EHS assurance process, within a document control system
- Developing audit and other compliance schedules as part of the assurance process
- Completing audits in accordance with the schedule
- Tracking non-conformance reports ensuring timely closing and verification of effectiveness of corrective actions
- Providing KPIs and other information required for the monthly and other reports
- Degree/NEBOSH Diploma in EHS or equivalent
- Minimum IEMA environmental certificate or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years experience in similar projects in the UK
- CDM expert with experience gained on similar projects
- Lead EHS auditor qualification with recent audit experience
- Management system expertise including knowledge of ISO14001 and ISO45001
- Competent author of procedures, work instructions etc. as part of a document control system
- Strong oral communication skills. The successful candidate will be providing assurance or otherwise that contractors are compliant with EHS requirements.
- Strong IT skills. The Consortium use Microsoft, Box and Smartsheet applications
- Must be able to work effectively as part of a team, but also with minimum supervision.
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced environment and make quick and sound decisions
This is an extremely urgent requirement so if it is of interest please apply immediately or contact Jamie.firstname.lastname@example.org.