£300 - £350 per day
about 1 month ago
A local Council has an ongoing Transformation Programme and requires a Temporary Business Analyst to assist with the delivery. The role sits within the Programme Management Office and will focus on redesigning services to improve provision.
Job Title: Temporary Business Analyst
Rate: £350 p/d
Location: Remote initially then based in Bedfordshire
The candidate should have a strong background in the practical application of recognised Business Analysis and Project Management techniques, preferably acquired across local authority or public sector bodies.
This postholder will:
- Create a range of documentation such as process maps, customer journeys, business cases, functional specification and implementation plans.
- Organise and facilitate workshops with business and technology stakeholders.
- Analyse existing workflows and service operations to identify how services can reduce cost of delivery and improve outcomes.
- Promote outcomes-focussed design across user experiences, business processes and service delivery models.
- Use data and key metrics to support recommendations and evaluate the impact of proposed solutions.
- Effectively communicate with stakeholders of all levels to clarify requirements, assess the feasibility of proposed solutions and document how a proposed solution would meet a given business requirement.
- Be able to challenge stakeholders and suppliers, understand recommended solutions to ensure they meet the business requirements, and to review and understand technical documents from internal and third-party suppliers.
- Scope, prioritise and plan business analysis activities across the project identifying and defining outputs, dependencies, resource estimates, stakeholders, risks and timescales.
- Undertake analysis to inform strategic and operational decision making considering multiple perspectives (People, Processes, Technology), processes, systems, services and stakeholders; and the interaction between these acknowledging and resolving conflict, identifying risk and mitigation.
- Prepare and facilitate highly effective business engagement with all stakeholders to define and communicate business process change, rationale, drivers and efficiencies of a proposed change.
- Enable constructive stakeholder management through strong relationship building and managing expectations.
- Contribute to the development of business cases and supporting documentation including business requirements specifications, process maps, functional specifications, options appraisals, outline business cases (including costs-benefits analysis), high level implementation plans and risk mitigation strategies.
- Research and make recommendations on business technology systems to inform decision making.
If this opportunity is of interest, please apply immediately and email Jamie.email@example.com to find out more.