Up to £80000 per annum + Excellent Benefits
25 days ago
Technology Procurement Manager (12-month FTC)
London with Hybrid working (2 days per week in the office)
Salary: £80k + Excellent Benefits
Our client is a leading retailer who not only provide an amazing social space where everyone is welcome and feels a sense of belonging, but they have also developed an incredible employee value proposition.
They describe life with them as dynamic, exciting, and always evolving. As well as working with some of the most cutting-edge, iconic and boundary-pushing brands, designers and creatives, they also offer their team members opportunities to help make a positive difference through their network of communities
They are looking to appoint an experienced Technology Procurement professional with technical competence along with a proven track record of managing large complex Oracle & Microsoft agreements or with similar major Technology software providers. Knowledge of Oracle & Microsoft agreements will be a distinct advantage.
The Procurement Manager will have technical knowledge of Technology contracts, products and services to develop sound commercial solutions which support the Technology plans. Whilst building and maintaining strong relationships with customers the Procurement Manager will deliver solutions with real/demonstrable cost savings, enhanced service, and mitigation of risks to meet the requirements of the business and deliver against value targets.
In this role you will:
- Support the Design, Development and Implementation of the Technology Procurement strategy to meet the requirements of the business, aligning with the overall Procurement Strategy.
- Support the creation and delivery of suitable Technology Procurement strategies and targets for Software, Hardware, Cloud and Services solutions
- Have responsibility for Group contacts with Oracle & Microsoft
- Implement procurement processes and policies by conducting tendering, contract management, spend analytics and supplier performance management.
- Responsible for engagement and Technology specific commercial advice with Technology & Group functions for category projects to ensure that contracts have suitable commercial models, legal cover and protection, meet the requirements of the business and are set up to deliver expected value
- Identification, implementation and reporting of cost-saving opportunities, including managing demand to identify cost actions to reduce cost & demand opportunities.
- Support complex senior level negotiations and implement appropriate tactics to achieve a favourable outcome
- Execute and deliver, high level procurement projects to agreed timelines and objectives.
- Support the Technology Category Manager and wider Procurement function with Supplier Relationship Management activities as required
- Technical competency and a proven track record of delivery in Procurement management in the Technology category preferably managing Oracle & Microsoft contracts in retail or a similar fast paced service environment. experience to cover all commercial aspects of Technology (Software, Hardware, Cloud and IT Services)
- Strong stakeholder management including group wide stakeholders up to CIO level
- Experienced people manager
- Strong influencer
- Effective supplier performance manager
- Senior level negotiator and good technical understanding of Technology contracts with program and project management experience
- Proven success of management of Oracle products and services or with a Technology supplier of similar size and complexity
- Excellent negotiator
- Deep understanding of best practice Procurement
- Good technical understanding of Technology and Technology commercial and contractual models
- Knowledge of Supplier Relationship Management best practice
- Knowledge of Microsoft MS Excel and other MS Office applications (i.e., Word, PowerPoint)
- Creating and managing complex tender and benchmarking exercises
- Able to create appropriate commercial models to suit requirements
- Experienced in interpretation of contracts and clauses, in depth understanding of Contracts with Technology category specific knowledge
- Degree level education or CIPS an advantage
- Ability to present negotiated deals to senior stakeholders including CIO and CFO level
Personal Attributes/ Behavioural Skills:
- Ability to effectively influence and manage internal and external senior leaders
- Good communication, reporting and interpersonal skills
- Analytical skills
- Excellent record keeping and reporting
- Planning and organising skills
- Customer service skills
- Coaching skills
- Highly team oriented
- Problem solving and an ability to focus on multiple projects
Our client embraces everyone and are committed to cultivating a diverse and inclusive working culture. They are leading with purpose to not only increase the visibility and recognition of under-represented talent within their organisation, but the wider industry too. Everyone is welcome - irrespective of race, gender, ethnicity, sexuality, age or disability, they stand by equal opportunities for all.
If this sounds like you, please send your CV through to me at: email@example.com Interviews will take place ASAP.