£60000 - £70000 per annum
about 1 year ago
Technology Procurement Manager - £70,000 (UK Wide)
Role: IT Category Manager
Salary: Up to £70k + Discretionary Bonus
Location: UK Wide (Flexible - 2 days per month in London)
This is an extremely exciting career move for anyone looking to move into the innovative electric vehicle industry which is growing exponentially. This organisation is revolutionising the way in which manufacturing is carried out with robotic technology, while there manufacturing site is more than impressive with robotic dogs circling the manufacturing floor.
With offices in 21 different countries and the headquarters located in Kensington this forward-thinking company are building something special. If you're an ambitious, commercially minded Technology, Procurement professional who can demonstrate a track record of success in fast paced, dynamic business environments, this is the role for you.
Although IT spend, including Software, Hardware, Cloud and Networking is a bonus but not desirable from the hiring manager, the focus is finding an innovative, intellectual and forward-thinking individual who can help expand and achieve success for the already thriving global company in the Indirect team.
- Partnering with your stakeholders efficiently to provide procurement support to 3rd party activities across the group.
- Foster trusted relationships with vendors to achieve better pricing and quality of services through negotiation and market insights.
- Delivery of the commercial ambitions, balancing the total value of the sourcing activities we undertake.
- Devise long and short-term strategies for IT categories in order to help long term success of the company.
- Analyse specific data and provide insights on industry trends - supporting IT in their decision-making processes.
- Support IT in the management of lead times and supplier inventories, including forecasting of demand.
- Support IT in the accurate budgeting and management of IT spend, globally to improve the Indirect purchasing function in the longer term.
- Electric, Technology, Automotive and other fast paced environments are desirable
- Proven experience as category manager/ procurement manager/ sourcing manager / senior buyer.
- Understanding of data analysis and forecasting methods with strong previous experience.
- An energetic, innovative, resilient and adaptable style, with evidence of success in fast paced environments while achieving success.
- Management of sourcing activities, including RFx processes and broader category management.
- Ensuring you manage your supply base accurately to deliver optimal value.
- A strong desire to build effective and sustainable relationships with your stakeholders.
- Experience of IT procurement is preferred, but not required.
- The desire to make a difference in a growing company looking to make an instant impact.
- Degree qualified.