Sustainability Strategy Manager
£61000 - £71000 per annum + + up to 10% bonus
12 days ago
My client is the world's best imaging company. Founded in 1937 offices in Europe, the Middle East and Africa and desire to continuously innovate of imaging excellence throughout its 85-year history and has commitments to invest in the right areas and capture growth opportunities.
They hire and develops the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world and is currently looking for a dynamic and motivated Sustainability Strategy Manager to provide strategic support to the Director Sustainability & Government Affairs and manage the development process, delivery of Sustainability strategy process across EMEA.
This exciting new role reports directly to the EMEA Sustainability & Government Affairs Director and will play a vital part in delivering that new vision. As part of a newly formed sustainability senior management team, this role will work with our business units and functions, acting as a catalyst for sustainable change, driving, influencing and supporting senior colleagues as they develop their own sustainability plans and programmes.
My client has got big ambitions for sustainability. They are growing their team and want you to be a part of it. Through their corporate philosophy, sustainability has been an important part of their DNA for many years. But they want to go further and with that in mind, have set out a new and ambitious vision for sustainability.
Your challenges include:
- provide strategic support to the Director Sustainability & Government Affairs, deputising as needed for key meetings and engaging with senior executives and leadership teams.
- manage the development process, delivery sustainability strategy process across EMEA, helping to position clients as an industry leader in sustainability and to successfully drive sales and business growth.
- monitoring competitor/peer/customer sustainability strategies, targets and requirements.
- establishing and managing a robust governance framework for sustainability corporate plan development, delivery, measurement and reporting.
- act as Business Unit 'business partner' for sustainability, providing senior level advice and support as needed, connecting BU Leads with technical leads in sustainability as appropriate and ensuring BU alignment with corporate strategic plans and objectives.
To be successful in this role, you
- demonstrable experience of involvement in the development and successful execution of corporate sustainability strategy, programmes and initiatives in a large global/multinational or similar organisation.
- experience in building strong, collaborative business relationships to influence sustainable change and drive delivery sustainability programmes.
- experience in creating and managing governance and reporting systems, ideally in a strategic sustainability context.
- experience working in consumer and/or business services, manufacturing, and technology.
- strong knowledge of current sustainability best practice, initiatives and key market drivers including carbon net zero, circular economy and social value.
Interested? Please contact Dagmara.Kruczkowska@1st-executive.com to discuss more details.