Sustainability Director for Public Sector & EU Institutions
Amsterdam, North Holland
€75000 - €130000 per annum + + additional benefits
4 months ago
My client is part of a global network of professional firms providing Audit, Tax and Advisory services. With over 3,500 employees in the Netherlands in 12 offices, the goal is to help leading organisations to look ahead and make the right sustainable choices.
My client hires and develops the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world and is currently looking for a dynamic and motivated Director / Associate Director to expand and lead the Public Sector Climate Change and Sustainability Services ESG and EU Institutions.
My client works on various sustainability topics such as circular economy, sustainable business strategies, ESG due diligence and non-financial reporting. In this role, you will help grow the company's footprint in the market for the European Commission and other public institutions.
Your challenges include:
- collaborating with the EU business development account team to identify opportunities and lead the development of sustainability-related proposals. Proven business development skills to win proposals at the European Institutions and a strong knowledge of the EU playfield (including a strong network with EU stakeholders) is crucial
- Governance: your experience will be deployed in developing go-to-market, collaboration models across member firms from the ESG hub and with functional areas such as ESG in Tax and Legal
- People management: you will help grow project teams independently and you will be responsible for the development of the public sector ESG team
- Delivery of projects: You will ensure the timely delivery of high-quality consultancy advice on sustainability challenges and opportunities for clients in the government / public sector and support Member Firms with proposals in this area through the bid stage and delivery
- You will contribute to coaching the delivery of the projects and will be responsible for public sector projects in a structured way that leads to high quality delivery
- Projects will relate to topics such as climate change, energy efficiency, circular economy, water, biodiversity, hydrogen, mobility etc. Technical expertise in one or more of these areas is highly appreciated
To be successful in this role, you
- have a Master degree in economics, law, public administration or engineering
- are fluent in English. Knowledge of Dutch and/or German is considered a plus
- have around 15 years of professional experience and proven (EU/ large public sector) consulting experience in different sustainability domains
- have a passion for everything that has to do with sustainability and ESG
- possess thorough knowledge of EU institutions and policy-making
- are analytical and love to work with data and numbers, analyse and improve processes
- can work autonomously and are able to develop the market through networking and prospecting (commercial mindset)
In this compelling role, you will identify opportunities and lead the development of sustainability-related proposals, help strengthen and grow an exciting business line, and work in a very stimulating environment with highly driven colleagues.
Interested? Please contact Dagmara.Kruczkowska@1st-executive.com to discuss similar senior executive positions or to explore how we might work together in the future.