£125000 - £135000 per annum + + 50% salary bonus + mobility allowance
about 1 month ago
My client is experiencing an exciting time for a sustainability journey and strategic position where they can work on their commitments to make sustainability part of their DNA.
My client hires and develops the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world and is currently looking for a dynamic and energetic Sustainability Director to work in highly autonomous setting, reporting directly to the Management Board and working in close collaboration with multiple shareholders.
My client works on various sustainability topics and various on-going projects relating to carbon capture and storage, hydrogen energy, and the diversification of our product portfolio, where you will have a chance to work with senior leaders and management teams to ensure integration of selected projects into the sustainability roadmap, in alignment with the overall strategic needs of business.
Your challenges include:
- continue to raise awareness and understanding of our commitment to sustainability, and empowering internal stakeholders to actively contribute to achieving our strategic sustainability goals.
- engage executives and senior level leadership to ensure that ESG and energy transition commitments are met, and goals are owned by the appropriate parties within the organisation.
- further develop the sustainability roadmap with key targets and implementation plans and monitor and report on the progress of initiatives. Part of that is the Net Zero roadmap, based upon our reduction and decarbonization targets, with various implementation projects such as energy reduction, use of renewable energy, and electrification of rolling equipment.
- prepare and coordinate the completion of various sustainability data and analytics reports (e.g., Board pack, Shareholders platforms, ESG questionnaires from investors), and report and present to the Management Board, Sustainability Steerco, Shareholders, and regulatory stakeholders.
- develop policies and procedures for more sustainable business operations, advising senior leaders of our terminals on the application of relevant policies and procedures, and monitoring the implementation and impact throughout the organisation.
To be successful in this role, you
- have a master's degree in economics, law, public administration or engineering.
- are fluent in English. Knowledge of Dutch and/or German is considered a plus
- have around 15 years of professional experience and proven (EU/ large public sector) consulting experience in different sustainability domains.
- have a general work experience together with comprehensive job-related experience in Sustainability domain to fully competent level.
- master's degree, preferably in Environmental Science, Business Sustainability or Social & Governance or equivalent studies.
- experience with preparation of ESG reporting (e.g., GRI, GRESB, PRI).
- business fluent English written/speaking skills are required, preferably with basic understanding of Dutch language.
Interested? Please contact Dagmara.Kruczkowska@1st-executive.com to discuss similar senior executive positions or to explore how we might work together in the future.