Washington, Tyne and Wear
Competitive Salary, Bonus, Pension
about 1 month ago
Would you like to broaden your career, develop your relationship skills and support the strategic management of multiple contracts, whilst ensuring the successful procurement of essential parts and materials?
A leading defence, security and aerospace company is seeking a bright, enthusiastic Supply Chain Professional for a newly created, entry level position supporting one of their largest contracts.
You will be responsible for coordinating supplier relationships, engaging at all levels to uphold competitive and commercial performance, as well as assisting with negotiations of long term supplier contracts to drive improvements in annual costs for specific commodities and products.
This a fantastic opportunity to join the ranks of a FTSE 100 powerhouse, and work in a fast-paced environment with significant scope to develop your skills and progress in a very short period of time.
To be considered, you must:
- Possess some exposure to a relevant discipline (procurement, operations, engineering, manufacturing) and/or a degree level qualification.
- Demonstrate an understanding of contracts and contract negotiations.
- Display first rate interpersonal, influencing and stakeholder management skills.
- Be able to prioritise a challenging workload with competing deadlines.
- Be capable of obtaining SC Clearance (current SC Clearance desirable)
Due to screening requirements, applications are restricted to British Citizens only.