Supply Chain Manager
£60000 - £70000 per annum + Bonus
7 months ago
Supply Chain Manager - £80,000 - £90,000 (U.K. Wide)
Role: Supply Chain Manager
Salary: £60,000 - £70,000 + Bonus
Location: United Kingdom, Almost Fully remote (U.K. Wide)
I currently have an extremely exciting new Supply Chain Manager role for a large electrical distributor within the U.K. who are innovative in the way they work. (The role has come to market due to an internal promotion) They provide mainly Semi-Conductors heavily to the Automotive market sector/industry. This organisation has a global presence and are heavily relied upon by many large business/organisations around the world for parts and components.
My client is looking for an experienced individual who will be responsible for leading and overseeing day to day operational deliverables of the Supply Chain Planning functional area, which covers the service delivery and execution of SSCO Customer and Supplier fulfilment engagements and programs.
You will be accountable to ensure flawless customer service, operational efficiency, process adherence and profitability at higher complexity customer supply chain engagements. Driving improved customer service, inventory utilization, and operational excellence including coordination with all appropriate internal departments.
The individual will need to be passionate about what they do, ensure operations within the Supply Chain Function are always running smoothly at a fast pace which will indeed be challenging with today's current supply chain issues, but if you are willing to take on that task and thrive in this environment this is the role for you.
- Direct leadership and management the team leaders, who are responsible for the management of individual contributors (Supply Chain Planners).
- Lead and oversee day to day operational deliverables of the Supply Chain functional area.
- Manage & develop key suppliers and stakeholder relationships at a Senior level.
- Operational accountability for purchasing, materials scheduling/planning and inbound logistics, focused on driving material levels to meet both customer and inventory needs.
- Mitigate the company's risk exposure to finance, audit and legal issues.
- Drives improvements in processes, procedures, systems and team structure.
- Review performance data that includes financial, sales, and activity reports and spreadsheets, to monitor and measure departmental productivity, goal achievement, and overall effectiveness.
- Work on a global scale with global program management, program specialist management, operations, external sales, and other cross functional teams to enable business growth efficiently and profitably.
- Define and deliver policies and routines that enable effective scheduling and planning of resources in line with business needs and ensuring employee holiday and absence periods are covered with minimum customer impact.
- Drive a focus on talent management through providing support with coaching, mentoring, and developing employees.
- Maintain transparent, regular, and relevant communication. Appropriately communicate organization information through functional area meetings, one-on-one meetings, and other mediums (email, IM, and regular interpersonal communication).
- Manage the preparation and maintenance of reports necessary to carry out the functions of the team, may that be through KPIs or regular reports to management etc.
- Builds strong, effective supplier relationships with senior stakeholders.
- Communicates clearly, instils trust, provides direction and gives insight into objectives and goals of employees while working collaboratively to achieve success.
- Analyses risks, adapts parameters, and actively drives mitigation efforts and results.
- Becomes the conduit between the Global Program Management functional area and the external Supplier organisation.
- Commercially astute with a deep awareness of the specialities and customer programs provided.
- SAP infrastructure and business processes, including functional areas. (P2P and SCM)
- Experience working with large global, demanding customers and programs.
- Direct / indirect management of teams.
If you are interested in the exciting role above, get in touch and I will contact you as soon as possible.