competitive salary + car + bonus
19 days ago
You will be leading and developing a group of best in class Supply Chain & Procurement professionals, contributing to governance, structure and ethics, ensuring a consistently high standard of performance. You will build trust and collaborate with the supply chain enabling not only the identification of innovative supply chain solutions but also being a preferred partner for the supply chain to find new channels to market.
This is a leadership role within an exceedingly agile and ambitious function where you will be identifying supply chains and developing unique capabilities and relationships that unlock and leverage the clients breadth and depth of capability.
- Develop strong relationships with internal and external leaders and key decision-makers in order to influence behaviours and ensure appropriate involvement of Procurement in all sourcing activities.
- Maintain awareness of the restrictions, controls and accreditations that are placed upon suppliers working in a Defence environment, ensuring at all times that both sourcing strategies and the incumbent supplier base do not jeopardise or threaten internal compliance.
- Collaborate widely across the business and external market to identify opportunities to utilise extant supplier relationships and frameworks that leverage Group scale.
- Ensure compliance with process, governance and controls as agreed in the Procurement Code of Practice and Sourcing methodology.
- Collaboratively develop plans with key stakeholders to ensure alignment of targets, improve supplier performance, and implement continuous improvement plans across spend.
- Collaborate with peers to develop and enhance systems, process, and best practice sharing to help QinetiQ achieve best in class performance, and bring consistency to sourcing activities.
- Develop robust workload planning tools and trackers that shape the team's priorities and track actual against planned progress. This should be driven from the business pipeline of projects.
- Develop direct reports through the provision of direct and actionable feedback, and creation of meaningful development plans.
Key Capabilities & Knowledge
- Leads functional and adjacent team members through the bidding processes.
- Experience of purchasing significant value Capex investments, ideally within a Defence, Aerospace, Engineering or Manufacturing environment
- Influences external customer requirements, recommends and executes solutions to minimise risk and significantly improve probability of winning external bids & tenders.
- Ensures that solutions are available to ensure bid activity is delivered on time and to the required standards.
- Influences adjacent functional team senior management to improve solution design or commercial offering.
- Strong contributor to functional strategy design and execution.
- Delivery of positive results and outcomes through utilisation of direct reports and team members.
- Guides managers and senior managers to deliver optimum results.
- Ability to foresee and solve challenges that may have a broad impact on the wider business strategy or outcomes.
- Leads successful business outcomes through the appropriate allocation of available resources.
- Adaptive and change focused; able to adapt pace of delivery to meet business requirements.
- Highly customer focused and concerned with meeting and exceeding customer expectations.
- Highly results oriented. Keeps the organization on track and delivery oriented.
- A Leader that can comfortably adapt style to teach, coach, or delegate, as appropriate.
- Emotionally intelligent and comfortably relates to many different types of people. Is personally self-aware of strengths and weaknesses.
Experience & Qualifications
- Degree in a Business or Engineering discipline, or equivalent experience
- CIPS Qualified or equivalent experience
- Significant Experience in a Procurement or Supply Chain related role
- Knowledge of procurement systems and infrastructure.
- Proven contract negotiation skills.
Please send your cv to Sally.firstname.lastname@example.org asap for a conversation and further detail