City of London
£85000 - £95000 per annum
about 1 month ago
1st-Executive are mandated with a well-known UK banking client, specifically looking for someone for a Supplier Governance Manager to join on a long term, permanent basis. Interesting time to join the bank as they're going through a period of continued growth and acquisition. This is a rare greenfield opportunity to play a key role in embedding a newly formed third party framework.
This role is part of the SLT team, which sits in the procurement an ops function. This role will be key in supporting the implementation of the banks supplier / procurement framework, embedding this activity. You will be responsible for developing and maintaining governance alongside the regulator. This role is looking more at transforming the supply chain, levelling up the supply base, giving you the opportunity to build out procurement policy, process and best practice, with a lens of sustainability.
- Development, execution and life cycle management of functional training strategy, approach, and continuous improvements to support adoption of the Procurement and Supplier Management Frameworks across business areas.
- Create, maintain, communicate and implement the Procurement and Supplier Management Frameworks
- Implement and manage the Source-to-Contract system Ivalua.
- Leading, structuring and developing the Governance team (1 direct reports).
- Empower, mentor and develop direct team members to ensure ongoing skills/knowledge growth, succession/resilience planning and self-sufficiency/ownership/responsibility as far as practically possible.
- Provide training, as appropriate, to business partners and Supply Chain Managers on Procurement & Supplier Management framework, policies, standards, processes, procedures and alignment with Global procurement processes
- Work collaboratively within the Supply Chain Managers to drive process improvements. Sharing best practise within the team, ways of working, improvements of frameworks and processes to manage suppliers for performance, risk and value
- Actively manage and monitor adherence to procurement & supplier management process, governance and policy to ensure compliance.
- Actively promotes and ensures adherence to the Bank's Risk Management framework (including sub-frameworks) and relevant risk and compliance policies and procedures, ensuring timely and appropriate escalation of concerns to relevant senior stakeholders.
Interviews to be arranged ASAP - please apply with your CV.