£540 - £640 per day
9 days ago
Long term 2 year ITS (Intelligent Traffic System) Strategy interim opportunity working on one of the most interesting and complex public sector projects in Scotland. Based in Glasgow, reporting directly to the Head of IT Systems, you will have responsibility for managing the delivery of future ITS strategy and all contractual management of the Traffic Scotland Systems Contract, reporting on project progress, and how the project is aligned with future strategy.
You will be:
- Creating and supporting all action plans for ITS, including managing external stakeholders
- Categorising works and projects and plotting the progress on these against Future ITS Strategy and Action plans with the aim of realising and recording all subsequent benefits
- Compiling regular and annual progress reports for each project against targets
- Supporting the preparation of Costed Delivery Plans to allocate and manage budgets
- Coordinating Monthly progress meetings, facilitating conference calls, innovation workshops and partnership board meetings
- Ensuring accurate correspondence is produced and recorded
- Ensuring contract compliance and managing internal and external stakeholders to facilitate this compliance
- Developing a future road map of on-going development or alternative options for the ITS systems underpinning the Traffic Scotland Service
You will have:
- BPSS Security Clearance
- A high degree of drive to promote change and innovation
- National mobility: this role includes a requirement to travel to conferences though out the UK
- Experience of managing a high value and critical public sector project and achieving clear milestones and deliverables
- Confidence in working with a broad breadth of stakeholders in a technically focused environment
- Outstanding Project Strategy and Management experience.
This is an excellent long-term opportunity for a candidate to work for one of the largest infrastructure projects in Britain. CVs must be submitted by close of play today (12/03/19) so if you are interested please apply and call Jamie Mackinlay on 01483213311.