£70000 - £80000 per annum + + car + package
21 days ago
Role: Senior Procurement Category Manager - Professional Services & Retail
Salary: Up to £80k + £5k car allowance + 20% discount in-store
Location: Central London 2 days a week- 3 days wfh
Fantastic opportunity to join one of the leading FMCG retailers going through a companywide procurement transformation - you'll report directly to the Group Head of Procurement and will drive strategy and improvements while directly managing 2-3 Category Managers.
As a member of the Corporate and Professional Service Procurement team, you will contribute towards defining and delivering value across all areas of retail and the Professional Service teams and evolve the Procurement strategy to be recognised as part of the company's success.
You'll cover spend across Professional Services as well as a broad range of projects across areas such as packaging, inks, hangars etc.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Manage end-to-end Source to Contract activity, taking responsibility for the development and approval of sourcing strategies, market testing, negotiation and contract award
- Management of team of 2/3 Category Managers within Corporate and Professional services including Retail, HR, Consultancy and Head Office spend areas
- Manage key agency relationships within the category and implement appropriate contract management activities to drive value throughout the contract lifecycle
- Develop a risk mindset in the context of Corporate and Professional Services and develop plans for creating awareness and mitigation
- Identify and progress areas for personal development
- Actively support the Procurement Leadership Team and contribute to Procurement strategy discussions and take a lead role in managing and driving Procurement workstreams
Your skills and experience will include:
- 8+ years of procurement experience, preferably at least 5 years in Corporate and Professional Services
- Ideally a retail background, though not essential
- Strong commercial mindset, confident & capable of challenging the status quo
- Strong communication, influencing and networking skills
- Experience of contract drafting including development of schedules, commercials, and appropriate terms and conditions
- Experience of managing supplier relationships and contracts to maximise value
- Experience of managing complex / high spend sourcing projects
If of interest, please apply asap