£200 - £300 per day
3 months ago
My client is a global leading Pharmaceutical organisation, known and based all over the world. They are actively recruiting for a Shopper and Category Insight Manager to join them on an interim basis. This will initially be a 6-month contract paying up to £260 per day.
This is an exciting opportunity to make a significant contribution to this progressive business's long-term strategy. As a market leader within healthcare with an impressive portfolio of iconic brands, they have invested heavily in NPD and as such have plans for significant sector growth. Your main role will be to deliver profitable consumer and customer-based solutions by influencing retail category impact.
Reporting directly to the Head of Sales Strategy will be responsible for developing category strategy, implementing brand and customer category plans as well as adding value to brand planning and retail customer relationships.
- Works closely with the Head of Sales Strategy, Sales and Brand marketing team
- Analyse market and consumer data
- Category reviews, range reviews, NPD, new product presentations
- Strategy/ annual plan
- Establish excellent working relationships with key customer contacts to influence category development
- Work closely with cross functional teams to develop account strategies with the key customers to deliver the overall plan
- Regular alignment with cross functional colleagues to ensure impactful and engaging customer presentation decks are developed
- Development of compelling and brand-aligned On Trade activations that demonstrate market, customer AND consumer insight
- Manages the relationship with key agency partners to maximise plans and value for money
- Accountable for the development and execution of annual brand and channel activation plans
Required skills and experience:
- Extensive Category experience in an FMCG or OTC environment (5+ years' experience)
- Developing first class customer relationships through delivering expertise
- Creating relationships based on Category Management & Ranging Advice
- Strong communication and influencing skills
- Ability to work in high pressure environment
- Consumer and shopper research techniques
- Excellent Presentation skills
Technical skills requirements:
- Use of IRI/Nielsen, Dunnhumby, Kantar or similar data types
- Expert with data sources such as Nielsen, Kantar, IRI, Dunnhumby, Tesco link, Retail Link
- Understand the brand/customer P&L and effectively manage budget
- Project leadership skills - ability to plan and execute activities / projects to achieve the agreed result
- High level of IT literacy in Microsoft office applications (PowerPoint, Excel, Word)
If this position is of interest, please apply for the role now and any questions call Elliot Fisher on 01483 212186.