£50000 - £60000 per annum
over 1 year ago
A multi-national aerospace and defence company has an immediate requirement for a Senior Supply Chain Manager to lead and manage a team of Material Delivery Supply Chain staff and Managerial personnel in the delivery of the Supply Chain Functional Strategy and Plan specifically supporting the Area/General Manager.
This role provides an opportunity to develop a supporting strategy for the Material Delivery team for the delivery of Transformation behaviours, ensuring mechanisms are in place at an appropriate level, capturing potential Continuous Improvement benefits and gaining sponsorship from the business improvement team.
- Actively support and promote the company's Safety Health and Environment (SHE) objectives
- To actively promote SCMD & PDR compliance
- Establish, manage and control all associated labour working
- Make sure all direct reports work in collaboration across all the functions
- Ensure a customer cross functional and focussed approach throughout the teams
- Ensure clear goals are set and regularly appraised
- Ensure team targets are met regularly reviewing activities
- Actively seek out and identify risks to and opportunities for improvement
- Constantly promote the Continuous Improvement toolset
Key Qualifications/Experience required
- Previous advanced level experience and knowledge within Material Planning Supply Chain
- Demonstrable leadership and management skills
- Solid knowledge of Capability and learning interventions
- Sound knowledge of the introduction and implementation of modern lean techniques.
- Demonstrable track record of working within Lean environments
- SC cleared or SC eligible
- NNPPI clearance would be an advantage
In return they offer a very attractive salary and benefits package including flexible working, bonus, generous car allowance, relocation assistance (where applicable), pension, shares scheme, private health (subsidised) and 26 holidays a year (+ Bank Holidays)