£45000 - £50000 per annum + Company car
13 days ago
Senior Strategic Buyer - £50,000 + £5,000 Company Car (Southport)
Role: Senior Strategic Buyer
Salary: Up to £50,000 + Company Car (£5,000)
Location: Southport, Merseyside, United Kingdom
I am currently looking for an experienced strategic Senior Buyer for a large Manufacturing & Engineering client of mine looking to add some firepower to a relatively greenfield Procurement team.
The companies Procurement function want to set up a Strategic vision for the next couple of years to grow throughout the business. You will be reporting into the Head of Manufacturing with no direct reports so initially you will be working by yourself.
In this role you will be expected to refine the supplier list while building long lasting relationships which will positively impact the business in terms of bottom-line cost savings in terms of the future visions within the Business.
- Looking for a challenge within a Greenfield operation where long-term strategic growth is the main priority.
- Managing a portfolio of between £10-15 million per year with no direct reports.
- Portfolio includes (Infrastructure / Rolling Stock (New build or MRO) with good knowledge of the Supplier marketplace & associated approvals requirements.
- Excellent Supplier Development and relationship management skills which have been shown previously in other roles/assignments.
- Strong commercial acumen and understanding of financial drives / supplier financial analysis and part cost analysis / benchmarking.
- Review current suppliers and identify underperforming suppliers have a robust plan in place to improve/best capitalise, make improvements in line with the supplier Performance and long term supplier vision.
- Planning long term cost saving opportunities and ensure they are carried out on time with the Procurement teams strategic vision.
- Experience in negotiating , implementing and managing framework agreements / Long Term Contracts with supporting Service Level Agreements.
We're looking for candidates with experience in the following areas:
- Experience with Manufacturing/Engineering sectors ideally with commodity experience in: (Infrastructure/Rolling Stock (New build or MRO)
- Good understanding of how develop long term supplier relationships which will benefit both parties.
- Experience of SAP ERP solutions / SAP super user.
- Experience of developing and implementing Commodity strategies / deployment and supplier plans within a manufacturing environment.
- Experience in managing tenders, bids, including ITTs.
- Knowledge & experience of LEAN Manufacturing & LEAN Supply Chain principles.
- Experience of achieving cost savings in previous roles and positively impacting the procurement function while building supplier relationships.
- Strong communicator with presentation and feedback skills.
- Experience developing and implementing successful long-term category strategies providing tangible benefits to the organisation on a strategic level.
If you are interested in the exciting role above, get in touch and I will contact you as soon as possible.