£60000 - £65000 per annum + car allowance, bonus and benefits
11 months ago
Senior Purchasing Manager
Our client a progressive and growing Leisure organisation have an exciting new opportunity for a Senior Purchasing Manager, managing a team of up to 10 individuals covering F&B and FF&E.
Key responsibilities include:
* Work as commercial business partner to the Food, Beverage and Leadership Team ensuring procurement strategy is delivered
* Play a leading role in the Leadership Team and procurement community driving forward procurement capabilities
* Lead collaboration with the Global and European Procurement teams- designing, developing and implementing procurement plans.
* Sell and market procurement services and value to internal stakeholders
* Provide appropriate thought leadership to influence and support business decision making.
* Deliver procurement savings against target and work with Finance teams to ensure reporting of key metrics for cost savings and avoidance.
* Work with internal stakeholders to understand and define requirements and develop and implement effective sourcing strategies to support them.
* Support the buyers in developing sourcing strategies in major areas -in line with the businesses brand and operations policies...
* Lead strategic sourcing activities, including but not limited to: spend, market and supplier analysis, benchmarking, build PQQ/RFI/RFP/ITT, negotiations, baseline analysis, contracting, outsourcing, building business cases.
* Lead teams through process change and development
* Work closely with legal team, regularly review and improve the contract process
* Manage supplier relationships with key suppliers
* Coaching and developing a team in both the tools and techniques of purchasing best practice
* Provide leadership across the wider Procurement team, inputting into and driving Procurement strategy and best practice processes.
* Assist in defining and adhere to agreed policies, procedures & processes ensuring maintenance of good practice principals.
* Ideally CIPS qualified
* Educated to Degree level in an appropriate discipline.
* Able to demonstrate a high level of purchasing experience with previous experience of purchasing categories which are both high value and high complexity.
* Strong leadership, influencing, motivation and management skills.
* Hands-on management skills that drive understanding and staff development through high quality, consistent feedback.
* Experienced in category management and development of sourcing strategies.
* Strong experience in managing contracts and building strong supplier relationships
* Experience of partnering with senior leaders and stakeholders.
* Ideally experienced in purchasing F&B or FF&E but our client is open to wider experience, the key being management skills
* Ability to influence others with a flexible, politically astute and diplomatic working style.