£70000 - £80000 per annum + Company car
5 months ago
Senior Procurement Manager - £70,000 - £80,000 (Rocester)
Role: Senior Procurement Manager
Salary: Up to £70,000 - £80,000k + Company car + 20% Bonus
Location: Rocester, United Kingdom
This is an extremely exciting career move for anyone looking to move into the innovative manufacturing industry. This organisation is revolutionising the way in which construction is carried out with heavy duty machinery. This company are one of the leading suppliers of equipment to the construction sector throughout the world.
With a global presence the company has a rich history for providing quality product for serious projects throughout the world. The headquarters are located in Uttoxeter, but this role will be carried out in Rocester. If you're an ambitious, commercially minded Procurement professional who can demonstrate a track record of leadership and success in fast paced manufacturing or machinery environment, this is certainly the role for you!
As a Senior Purchasing Manager, you will be responsible for establishing and developing teams that are able to create and deliver successful category strategies that ensure we have a robust and competitive supply chain for the long term.
- Manage a team of Category Managers, and ultimately Category Buyers, ensuring resources are effectively deployed to meet business requirements.
- Work closely with the Divisional Senior Purchasing Manager to ensure any operational escalations are being effectively managed and resources are aligned within the category teams.
- Oversee the development of Category Strategies for each area of responsibility, support and coach buyers, ensuring priorities are aligned with business needs and resource is available from wider business to enable implementation of the strategies in a timely manner.
- Promote early engagement with engineering and suppliers to ensure the business are sourcing in line with group strategies from the outset of all projects.
- Ensure purchasing and the supply chain have a robust capacity plan to achieve the 5-year plan, this will include overseeing multiple resource / capacity projects with suppliers and unlocking any challenges that may delay introductions.
- Responsible for compiling and delivering annual cost down budgets, ensuring accurate and effective monthly reporting and a sustainable hopper of cost projects.
- Support acting as an escalation point for Delivery / Quality / Warranty issues ensuring these are supported effectively by the purchasing team.
- Responsible for supporting and approving contractual negotiations from your Category Managers. (Long Term / Development / Warranty Agreements etc)
- Able to engage and participate with suppliers & engineering in technology roadmap discussions, help to identify new technologies to reduce costs and or add additional value to our machines.
- Build strong relationships across the business and the supply base, be responsible and accountable to make and influence key decisions that are in the best interest.
We're looking for candidates with experience in the following areas:
- Procurement experience within a manufacturing business.
- Experience recruiting and developing a high performing team culture across multiple teams.
- Providing leadership and support for each team members individual progression by ensuring development plans are in place.
- Experience developing and implementing successful long-term category strategies.
- Able to coach and support others to identify these.
- Proven record of setting and delivering annual cost down targets.
- Confident negotiator with a proven record of supporting and leading significant value cost reductions with a global supply chain
- Able to operate at a high level, identifying the overall priorities for the business, whilst also understanding the detail of what actions need to be delivered within each project.
- Experience managing and co-ordinating multiple projects across several cross functional teams to ensure on-time delivery.
- Experience working with a global supply base - ability to travel globally is a requirement for this role
- Ability to build strong internal relationships especially with experience working closely with technical engineers
What's in it for you?
To say thank you for your hard work, we will work with you to support your career progression and development. We will also provide a competitive salary and benefits package, company pension scheme, medical insurance and dental care schemes, access to the company's on-site gym, 33 days annual leave and flexibility around daily start and finish times.
As an employee, you will also be able to access the incredible Golf & Country Club.
You will also have access to a Reward Hub - giving you fantastic savings across a huge range of high street retailers, as well as access to exclusive company perks such as our Cycle to Work Scheme.