£48000 - £54000 per annum
3 months ago
Senior Procurement Manager - up to £54k per annum
A great opportunity has arisen to join this well established team of 5 working for a Public Sector Organisation based in Essex. Although current guidelines are to work from home, going forward you will go to the office at least once a week so that you are able to interact with your team face to face.
- To assist in the Management of the Procurement function and provide comprehensive Procurement advice and expertise, across the Hub membership in all aspects of Procurement
- To set up National frameworks for the utilisation by all relevant local / national bodies.
- Contract Management
- Manage the Supply chain, embracing issues such as environmental friendliness / sustainability, ethics, quality, new product / service innovation, and product / service rationalisation.
- To ensure that all services comply with the Contract Procedure rules within the Hub Members' Constitution in relation to Procurement.
- To promote the Councils Procurement policies and strategy to all Hub members, and to other Authorities and Agencies, Voluntary groups, Suppliers and to Citizens of the County and beyond.
- All Procurement related matters in relation to Commissioning, Tendering, Market testing and out-sourcing
- To fully explore, and utilise where appropriate, any existing supply arrangements set up by Consortia, and to explore all possibilities of partnerships / shared services in the Procurement function and in all services supplied by Hub members.
- To undertake any duties allocated by the Procurement Manager from time to time.
Currently studying CIPS or have completed the qualification
Strong knowledge of EU procurement directives
Experience of having worked in a Public Sector setting
Please contact me asap to find out more details around the role - email@example.com or call on 01483 213 302