New Milton, Hampshire
£60000 - £70000 per annum + + package
about 1 month ago
Senior Procurement Manager Transformation - Strategic Sourcing £60-70,000 + benefits package
Excellent Greenfield opportunity to join one of the leading property development companies in the UK. The company has just appointed a new CPO to lead their procurement transformation and they're looking for a Senior Strategic Sourcing Manager to partner with the business to effect this change. If you're a self-starter, able to work autonomously and ideally have greenfield experience, this could be the perfect opportunity. From a personal standpoint, the company offers a desirable work culture that is friendly, inventive and respectful.
This role reports to the CPO and has a team of up to three direct reports and four indirect reports.
Role based in the South East. Work from home 2 days a week.
- Supports the CPO with the implementation of the vision, objectives and strategy for the Supply Chain & Procurement Function
- The consolidation and aggregation of spend to deliver the best proposition at the lowest total cost of acquisition whilst improving customer service and maintaining service quality
- Build and maintains strong relationships with senior management and externally within the supply chain
- Interprets company policy/business strategy and adapts approach to meet the needs of the Function, internal business groups and customers
- Leads the strategic/operational performance of our Supplier Management and Category Management programmes in order to fulfil agreed business objectives
- Lead and mentor a sub-team of Procurement professionals, providing subject matter expertise to meet Functional/operational objectives
- Drives contract management and risk mitigation to reduce reputational or financial exposure
Skills and Experience
- Significant commercial experience as a Senior Procurement Manager, ideally CIPS and hopefully MCIPS full membership.
- Skilled negotiator who can demonstrate a successful track record in delivering cost savings supported with robust metrics
- Demonstrable track record of developing and maintaining strong senior stakeholder and supplier relationships
- Strong business acumen, with strong knowledge of category business models and approaches or techniques necessary to achieve best in class deals.
- Skilled with T&Cs and contract negotiation
- Will have led and built successful teams, and is comfortable operating both at an operational and senior levels
- A strong communicator who can influence stakeholders, able to share clear and compelling communication strategies to ensure that external and internal customers are positively engaged.
- Fosters an ethos of continuous improvement across the Supply Chain Function through acting as a role model around quality and process standards in procurement activity
- Analysis, Problem Solving and Creativity
- Experience working in a client focussed environment with excellent stakeholder management skills
- Excellent communication skills and proven ability to bring stakeholders on a journey
- Proven delivery and value add
- Ideally CIPS/MCIPS
If of interest, please apply to this role or/& email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with an outline of your relevant experience.