£300 - £400 per day
5 months ago
Interim Senior Category Manager - £400 per day - 6 months
The role will report to Category Lead for construction and environment and will focus mainly on the procurement of refurbishment and maintenance contracts, providing holistic support to the Housing Division in respect of their procurements and commissioning, supplier relations, contract management, and through to contributing to quality assurance and service planning.
Your responsibilities will be
- To lead on the most complex contract procurements and take the lead in ensuring the principles of the Sustainable Procurement Strategy is translated into the contracting and contract management processes in the Housing division
- To ensure that each project plan is adhered to or adjusted to reflect changed priorities or new developments, making sure that all relevant parties are informed of necessary changes.
- To check with the budget holder that realistic budget provision has been made for each contract, having regard to its whole life costs, before procurement is commenced.
- To oversee and coordinate the timely production all documents necessary for the tender process, including the terms and conditions of contract, service specifications and performance standards, and to liaise with members of the Project Team to ensure that service requirements promote Best Value.
- To act as the contact point for all selection questionnaire and tender queries
- To coordinate the evaluation of selection questionnaires and tenders by the Project Team, leading on development and the reasonable application of evaluation criteria.
- To liaise with Council Procurement Lawyers, the Council's operational managers and external and internal providers to draw up agreements for services using appropriate standard forms of contract where appropriate adapted to meet the specific requirements of each service.
- To keep a complete and accurate record of each procurement process through to award of contract for audit purposes.
The right person will have the following experience:
- MCIPS qualification
- Proven experience of working in Housing related environment at a senior level
- Strong experience of leading on major works procurement projects
Please contact me asap to discuss the role in more detail on 01483 213 302 or firstname.lastname@example.org