City of London
£90000 - £100000 per annum
11 days ago
1st-Executive are mandated with a global banking organisation, currently searching for a Senior Procurement Manager / Lead ( part of SLT to deputise the HOP ) here you will manage a broad category areas, across tech and non tech spend. Managing a team fo 7 reports. This is a rare opportunity to join a well-known FS organisation who are operating in global markets. This bank offers a greenfield procurement opportunity and the bank is going through a period of continued growth and acquisition. Here you will have an opportunity to play a key role in building procurement and supplier management capability from the ground up.
Main responsibilities are the below;
- Deliver and apply best practice procurement, contract management and supplier management and create an environment where these are consistently adopted across business areas.
- Leading, structuring and developing a team of Sourcing Mangers (7 direct reports).
- Empower, mentor and develop direct team members to ensure ongoing skills/knowledge growth, succession/resilience planning and self-sufficiency/ownership/responsibility as far as practically possible.
- Provide support in developing and implementing longer term sourcing strategies for key spend areas, working collaboratively with business stakeholders to deliver a combination of quick wins and longer term strategic reviews and initiatives.
- Be responsible for working closely with UK departments to define requirements, assist with identifying vendors, lead RFX process and evaluations, negotiations etc for strategic projects.
- Provide market insights into the sourcing process on projects within categories of expertise
- Negotiating with external service providers/suppliers to deliver best service and a value proposition
- Provide training, as appropriate, to business partners on Procurement & Supplier Management framework, policies, standards, processes, procedures and alignment with Global procurement processes
- Assisting Legal Counsel in negotiating terms of services/supply agreement
- Actively manage and monitor adherence to procurement & supplier management process, governance and policy to ensure compliance against regulatory requirements for Outsourcing & Third Party Risk Management.
Interviews to be arranged ASAP - apply with your CV.