Senior Procurement Engineer - Site Productivity
US$120000 - US$150000 per annum + 20% bonus and package
7 months ago
Role: Senior Procurement Engineer - Site Productivity
Location: New Jersey, United States OR Dublin, Ireland + 30% global travel
Salary Package: c. $140k New Jersey, c. €90k Dublin + 20% bonus + package
Industry: Medical Devices
Are you a high-calibre procurement expert with exposure to a wide variety of commodities (manufactring services, materials, technologies etc) within an FDA-regulated manufacturing business?
If so, this is an influential role in a global medical device manufacturing business with broad operational and senior exposure, paving the way for future senior leadership opportunities.
You will be tasked with continually developing and managing the global supplier base for commodities associated with the manufacturing of laboratory diagnostics instruments. You will ensure that suppliers can meet growing demands within their manufacturing facilities in the United States and Ireland whilst always focussing on cost reduction, supply security and site productivity.
As the key conduit between manufacturing, central sourcing, operations, quality and engineering, you will work cross-functionally to understand short, mid and long-term goals and production requirements, translating this into supplier improvement initatives, supply chain optimisation programmes and site productivity plans in conjunction with global commodity teams. You will closely manage suppliers in conjunction with other departments, keeping a close eye on delivery, quality and cost whilst proactively partnering with key suppliers to drive innovation and sustainability.
This position has significant senior exposure, covering a global portfolio for mission-critical commodities in a supply-scarce environment. It is critical that you have the confidence and capability to proactively manage a multi-faceted supply base through these challenges, delivering supply security, cost reductions and innovation throughout.
This role will cover manufacturing sites in the United States and Ireland, with semi-regular travel (10%) required across their portfolio. As a result, applicants who are willing to travel semi-regularly are welcome from either Dublin, Ireland or New Jersey, United States, with remuneration packages aligned to each location.
- Strong and varied commodities procurement expertise (materials, manufacturing services, technologies etc) within an FDA-regulated manufacturing environment is essential. Experience within the medical devices industry or similar areas such as laboratory instruments is highly valued.
- Adept at building and managing global cross-functional relationships with senior and operational colleagues in engineering, manufacturing, quality, production, and sourcing.
- Seasoned negotiation expert, with a proven ability to negotiate and drive innovation with internal stakeholders and external suppliers.
- Experienced in planning, capacity and capability assessments across a complex global supply chain.
- Exposure to LEAN manufacturing or other similar production frameworks alongside previous experience within any other manufacturing environment (I.E. automotive) is valued.
Our clients are focused on hiring the right individual who can take ownership of this complex area of the business, with a commitment to providing significant career development and leadership opportunities across their huge portfolios.
If this role fits your profile and is of interest, please send your CV for immediate consideration.