Up to £80000 per annum
8 months ago
Role: Senior Procurement Data & Analytics Manager
Salary: up to £80k
Location: Slough | 1- 2 days a week |Hybrid working role
Role type: FTC March 2023 -Dec 2024 | Fulltime| UK based
Are you an experienced analytical Procurement professional looking for your next challenge? This is an exciting opportunity to Join a newly created global team of Regional Category Analytics Managers, each aligned to a specific Indirect procurement category. This person will have a strong bias for decision-making rooted in data and analytics and doing so In a Global organization, working closely with the Senior Leadership team.
The primary focus of this role will be on strategy execution to deliver long term competitive advantage, specifically by using quantitative methods to derive actionable insights and outcomes.
- The role will be supporting the Global Demand (Marketing and Sales) Procurement team by providing business and market intelligence, management of data and analytics, and tracking/reporting of metrics:
- Typical internal analyses and tasks include spend analysis and forecasting, savings analysis, supplier information gathering and analysis, pricing and contract analytics, benchmarking, compliance to sourcing strategies and tender bid analysis
- Typical external analyses include market, economic, and other research data, inflation, productivity analysis, supplier identification
- Conduct macroeconomic and category spend analysis utilizing data from Mars's spend analytics tools and external market data.
- Partner with Category managers to conduct opportunity assessment and stakeholder engagement to expand procurement influence into new spend areas
- Conduct market and supplier research to enhance and inform sourcing and negotiation strategies
- Cull insights from the analysis, consolidation and scoring of vendor proposals, and make recommendations to Category Managers and business partners.
- Evaluate supplier core competencies and competitive positioning using industry cost models and bench-marking analysis.
- They will do this by using data visualization tools on complex data sets and interpreting mathematical models such as graphs, tables, metrics, and schematics to provide insights to Category teams, Business partners, and BD leadership
- Manage projects related to KPI development/improvement.
- University degree in engineering or business/ economics / finance / marketing / computer science
- Advanced degree Business Analytics, Data Science, Computer Science, or MBA highly desired
- 5+ years of relevant strategic sourcing and procurement experience; specifically in Marketing and Sales
- 5+ years of project leadership, including the ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects that require frequent communication, organization and time management.
- Experience working in a large, global, highly matrixed organization, and works easily in multi-business unit project settings; able to facilitate teamwork across corporate boundaries.
- In-depth understanding of best-in-class procurement practices (category management, bench marking, should-cost models, RFx)
- Advanced analytical and financial skills including the ability to quickly synthesize, distill and draw conclusions on large amounts of disparate data.