£34000 - £51000 per annum + additional benefits
4 months ago
Inspire positive change by defining what is possible! If you are a Procurement professional who strongly believe in this statement, we have a job for you. Join an independent consultancy with international teach, in a dynamic role managing large-scale environmental programs.
Role: Senior Procurement Consultant for Environmental Programs
Location: Bristol, with flexible working
Salary: up to £51K
In this role…
You will be supporting the support the growing portfolio of projects within our Local Environment Team. You will work predominantly with local authorities to provide consultancy services during the procurement of waste collection, street cleansing, and other environmental services, including waste treatment and processing. A key part of this job is review of local authorities' procurement and commissioning strategies to identify existing gaps against their climate change and circular economy ambitions.
You will lead the lead on procurement project implementation including management and delivery of preliminary market engagement, development of business case and procurement strategy and support with the delivery of contract negotiation with the market on behalf of clients.
It's important that you have strong experience in Environmental Waste and resource management, with good subject matter knowledge and the desire to strengthen your procurement knowledge.
- A genuine passion for environmental issues.
- At least four years' experience in procurement within waste and resources management environmental issues.
- Strong technical unretarding of environmental issues, including waste and resources management; and/or o public procurement and the application of the Public Contracts Regulations 2015.
- Excellent stakeholder management and verbal communication skills.
- Comfortable with legal contracts, including presenting contract summaries.
- Strong leadership skills, with a growth mindset.
- Excellent commercial acumen - you are results orientated and keen to take accountability.
- Member of The Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply.
About the company
The company vision is help achieve better environmental and commercial outcomes. They do this with appointed advisors to many types of private, public and third sector organisations.
With such a wide range of clients, the insights they gain from their varied projects inform and deepen our work. Their reputation for staying in touch with - and frequently ahead of - emerging UK and EU policy is second to none. This ability to "predict the future" allows them to efficiently focus their client support and advisory services.
If you are interested, please either apply to this job or send your CV and a brief outline of your relevant experience to email@example.com. If you know someone else that may be interested, please forward this to them.