Senior Indirect Buyer
£45000 - £50000 per annum
7 months ago
Senior Indirect Buyer - £50,000 (Thame, Oxford)
Role: Senior Indirect Buyer
Salary: £50,000 + Bonus
Location: Thame, Oxford, United Kingdom
I am currently working with a client of mine who are well recognised as being one of the leading providers within their sector. With a rich history and a presence all over the world this is certainly an exciting opportunity for anyone looking to move into their next role.
The role will see you work closely with the commercial Procurement Director. You will report into the Head of Category and will be a key part of the Strategic Category team to best bring positive change to the business and Purchasing function within broader indirect categories including HR, IT, Professional services and Sales.
This role requires someone who is a forward-thinking leader, commercially focused with a strong team ethic. You will be leading end to end procurement processes across several Categories while assuring best practise within supplier, stakeholder and Contract management.
- Contribute as part of a team to deliver the organisation's goals, budget and improvement aspirations.
- Develop strong stakeholder relationships.
- Lead complex and strategic procurement projects including supplier selection, negotiation and commercial contract management.
- Experience in developing, implementing and driving compliance to Procurement processes, policies and systems.
- Motivate & develop our suppliers driving value, quality, sustainability, and innovation.
- Identify critical goods and services to support company strategy and develop contingency plans.
- Leading the end-to-end procurement process across a broad variety of categories, delivering to savings targets, and enhancing our suppliers' performance whilst mitigating risk and building trust.
- Experience of challenging teams on costs, spend controls, demand management, specification requirements, the 'status quo' and to adopt life cycle costing techniques.
- Having proven success in contract negotiations and being able to evidence sustainability of those benefits long term.
- Ideally degree qualified or MCIPs degree. (But not essential)
- Experience of Source to Pay Procurement systems and ERP planning tools.
- Experience of embedding strategic procurement sustainability initiatives within the supply chain.
- Ability to lead and motivate a team to reduce costs and drive the business unit forward long term.
- Strong negotiation skills with key influencing skills.
- Driven & Commercial mindset to make positive changes throughout.
- Strong communicator with presentation and feedback skills previously shown.
- Experience developing and implementing successful long-term category strategies providing tangible benefits to the organisation.
If you are interested in this role above, get in touch and I will contact you as soon as possible.