Senior Electronics Buyer - (£55,000 - £65,000)
£55000 - £65000 per annum
about 1 month ago
Senior Electronics/NPI Buyer - £55,000 - £65,000 (Perm)
Location - Worcestershire (4 days on site)
One of my innovative exciting renewable clients are going through a phase of continued growth, I am currently looking for a Senior Electronics Buyer - to join the team specifically to manage Electronic and some indirect commodities. Reporting to the Purchasing Manager/Director, you will be responsible for procurement activities including supply chain development, commodity strategies, integration of purchasing and inventory processes into the ERP system and the management of materials and inventory while working closely with the project and engineering teams.
- Creating commodity strategies for electronic commodities and PCB assemblies.
- Purchasing goods, materials, components, or services in line with the specified cost, quality and delivery targets.
- Responsible for effective procurement of direct and indirect materials ensuring supplier performance and on time delivery.
- Sourcing components to meet Engineering specifications.
- Develop ideas and strategies to improve operational efficiency, add value, aid business performance and work towards a strategy of continuous improvement.
- Negotiating contracts for such commodities, improved prices and terms of business with suppliers and reviewing opportunities to make business savings.
- Ensuring a continuous stock/supply of required goods and materials and communicate any delayed lead times which may pose a risk or impact on business as usual.
- Carrying out market research and seeking areas of opportunity to reduce costs where possible.
- Assessing tenders and quotations from potential suppliers.
- Assessing and evaluating suppliers and undertake performance reviews to ensure contract compliance and manage performance improvement activities.
- Maintain relationships with Stakeholders throughout the business.
- Researching, market analysis and building working relationships with new suppliers and subcontractors.
- Support the Supply Chain Management team working as a unit and monitoring supplier OTIF.
- Experience working in an manufacturing/electronics or automotive environment.
- Strong technical knowledge and understanding of manufacturing processes and components and supply chain management.
- Experience of stakeholder management.
- Experience in supplier/customer relationship management
- Understanding of cost drivers in a manufacturing environment and experience in leading cost reduction activities
- Proactive candidate with the ability to plan and deliver against project deadlines.
- Competent within IT including PowerPoint, Excel and Word
- Completed CIPS or Electronics degree/qualification.
- Experience of using Microsoft Dynamics Navision (NAV)
- Experience of working within a Tier 1 Automotive environment
Please apply now if you you've got relevant experience/skillset and I will be in touch as soon as possible.