£500 - £750 per day
19 days ago
Role: Senior Commercial Manager
Location: Reading minimum 3 days
Salary: Circa £650 p/d depending on experience
Opportunity: Manage Contract delivery in post contract award environment working on massive infrastructure construction framework. The NEC4 ECC Option C.
- Keep project within approved spending limits
- Cost management and project management support
- Stakeholder management
- Take info - instruct work/ not instruct work
- Build relationships
- Harmonise internal and external stakeholders
The Senior Commercial Manager will manage the day-to-day commercial needs of our projects. Using skills, knowledge and experience you will provide expert advice and guidance, manage & monitor all processes, procedures, and negotiations in relation to contract and client performance and ensure all legislative and contract requirements are adhered to.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Preparation and management of project budgets.
- Working with the Project Manager, oversee the commercial and contractual management aspects of projects.
- Reviewing and advising of Contracts and then managing the risk and maximising operational performance of contracts. Including the submission of Early Warnings and all notifications.
- Procuring of Subcontracts and overseeing the commercial and contractual management of all subcontractors engaged.
- Lead negotiations with clients, suppliers, and subcontractors to achieve favourable outcomes and resolve any contractual disputes.
- Stay updated with industry best practices, changes in legislation, and emerging trends in commercial management.
- Monitor performance of commercial activities using key metrics and prepare timely reports for senior management team and Board of Directors.
- Preparation of Monthly applications and managing forecasts to ensure monthly and annual targets are achieved. Working with the finance department, to ensure the effective management of cash flow.
- Working with Project Managers, produce accurate monthly CVRs. Consolidate individual CVRs into monthly management accounts, working with both the Finance department and Commercial Director.
- Negotiating final accounts with both Clients and Subcontractors.
- Representing both internal and external stakeholders at meetings and events with both clients, partners, and other stakeholders.
- Working with other departments and members of the Senior Management Team to enable the company to achieve its strategic and operational targets.
- Undertake any other such duties considered to be commensurate with the experience of the post holder and the requirements of the role.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Min of 10-15 years previous experience working within a Senior Quantity Surveying/ Commercial Management role.
- Excellent knowledge of the NEC Suite of Contracts essential.
- Excellent knowledge of commercial and financial principles, with the ability to analyse and interpret financial data.
- Exceptional communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills to effectively liaise with internal and external clients and stakeholders.
- Proven track record in leading financial management and cost control on projects
- Strong organisational abilities, with the capacity to handle multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Understanding of risk analysis and management, with the ability to resolve problems at an early stage.
- IT Literate, and fully conversant with MS Word / Excel / Outlook
- Ability to travel when required throughout the UK to attend site visits, project meetings, etc.
Skills and attributes
- Superior Stakeholder Management in complex and challenging environment
- Resilience to legacy culture of organisation resistant to change
- Able to encourage, mentor and coach other members within the Team.
- Problem solver, positive and proactive
- Innovative, creative, and open minded
- Organised and meticulous in the detail
- Ability to listen and communicate with all levels and treat others respectfully.
- Experience working on large complex infrastructure and construction programmes.
Preferred but not essential:
- BSc (hons) in Quantity Surveyor or equivalent qualification
- MCIPS desirable
If you are a self-motivated procurement professional with a strong background in complex programmes technical, project buying and have experience in complex manufacturing projects and/or MOD environment, I want to hear from you. This could be a great opportunity for a tactical buyer to enter the world of procurement or a procurement professional to take the next step in their career. Apply online and ideally also send your CV to email@example.com so we can arrange a time to discuss your background, suitability and the role itself in more detail.