£100000 - £110000 per annum + + 6K car allowance + other benefits
12 months ago
With strategic approach to Sustainability and purpose to help people and business prosper, we have a job we have job opportunity for you to join the UK's largest financial institution.
A role accountable for leading the design and implementation of our client UK's Climate Strategy as part of the broader Sustainability. This includes coordinating the delivery of a strategy and implementation plan, monitoring performance and reporting progress to UK and Group stakeholders.
Working closely with the Head of Sustainability the Climate Strategy Senior Manager will lead and ensure delivery of a robust Climate strategy through collaboration with internal and external stakeholders, particularly Risk, Business Units and Group.
- Role: Senior Climate Change Manager
- Location: Milton Keynes (under flexible working arrangements)
- Salary: up to £110K + £6K car allowance
You will be leading our client's climate strategy leveraging expertise and knowledge of market trends, risk and opportunity analysis, and the position of peers; ensuring they continues to comply with increasing regulation on climate and improve our TCFD disclosures to meet investors and regulator expectations.
This includes coordinating and engaging with business divisions to define climate change priorities and commitments, ensuring alignment with business priorities, developing appropriate metrics and targets for disclosure.
Big part of this rile is Identify and collaborate with external bodies and organisations as appropriate to drive execution of strategy, and contribute to developing our client's external position on climate engaging relevant internal and external stakeholders
What do you need to succeed:
- Expertise in ESG and climate change and its related drivers including regulation, frameworks, taxonomies and international principles, and their specific application to Financial Services.
- Effective stakeholder management skills, working in close collaboration with partners, working groups, and senior stakeholders to ensure the approval and delivery of the long-term strategy.
- Strategic planning skills with experience of driving change across a complex organisation.
- General knowledge of Financial Services industry and macroeconomic and regulatory drivers.
- General understanding of scenario modelling and how this could be used to develop and deliver on a holistic climate strategy.
If you are interested, please either apply to this job or send your CV and a brief outline of your relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you know someone else that may be interested, please forward this to them.