£39739 - £50296 per annum + Excellent benefits
about 2 months ago
Salary: to £50,296 + Excellent benefits including 30 days holiday + additional days
Hybrid working: 1-2 days per week in the office
In this role you will work across a diverse range of categories, contributing to the Procurement Team providing robust and effective procurement advice, guidance and support to customers, suppliers and managers in accordance with internal and external requirements and regulations, including but not limited to undertaking procurement procedures, letting contracts, preparing procurement strategies and implementing a wide range of supply, service, consultancy, research equipment and works procurement arrangements. You will take responsibility for various assigned spend categories (Category Management) of spend, create, and lead cross-functional sourcing teams to deliver significant demonstrable cost savings and other efficiencies.
The Procurement Service plays an important role in supporting colleagues in procuring a diverse range of goods, services and works which are critical to effective operation. Our client is now focussed on delivering the next phase of their procurement strategic vision where you will play an important role in the implementation of the procurement strategic plan.
Our client is therefore looking for enthusiastic and experienced procurement professionals to work with colleagues from all corners of the organisation in ensuring their high-quality procurement arrangements reflect the needs and ambitions of the overall strategy.
- Some public sector experience would be ideal
- High levels of commercial acumen or strong contract management experience
- Experience of delivering an end-to-end procurement process
- Ability to build strong, productive relationships with diverse stakeholder groups
- Experience of undertaking procurement procedures compliant with relevant organisational and legislative procurement requirements.
- Experience of providing high quality and effective expert advice and guidance on procurement regulations and market drivers etc. to ensure procurement arrangements are scoped to meet the needs of the client and deliver best value for money.
- Ideally you will have Membership or will be studying towards Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (or equivalent membership of relevant professional body)
If this is of interest, please email your latest CV to email@example.com and we can schedule a chat to discuss further.
Interviews will take place ASAP.