Up to £80000 per annum
5 months ago
Our client, is looking to recruit a Senior Category Lead for Outside operations. This is a fantastic opportunity for an individual with procurement or category management experience focusing on Engingeering/ Utiltiies/ MRO design/build/maintain/operate opportunities, refurbishment of facilities, asset maintenance & service who is looking to join an established Procurement function, managing direct reports.
The role: Senior Category Lead
The purpose of this role is to manage an Operational Procurement team.
This role will oversee the sourcing, procurement, implementation and post-contract management of an operational category. This will involve working closely with senior business stakeholders to create and execute short and long term procurement strategies which will best position to maximise value delivery, minimise risk and deliver the agreed benefits of the category through cost saving, revenue generation or improved operations.
This role will influence the creation and delivery of overarching operational procurement strategy activities - overarching category strategy including total cost of ownership and market best practise. This will include activity around pre contract strategies, options, stakeholder consultation, market assessment, sourcing, VFM assessment and ongoing contract management. Alongside the Supplier Management function, this role will also support the business in the creation of baseline estimates for relevant category services through provision of market and supplier intelligence
- Up to £80k + 6k car allowance + package
London/ Hybrid working - 1 day a week in the office
- Graduate level supported by professional qualifications e.g. MRICS, CIPS, APM, CEng or able to demonstrate equivalent capability
- Extensive post qualification experience in Construction or Professional Services with evidence of a Commercial and Contractual bias
- Extensive experience in a variety of Procurement and Contracting models, using a range of reimbursement models
- Experience of delivering Projects to meet business affordability targets
- Experience of working in an integrated project team involving supplier partnering organisations
- Experience of working in a matrix organisation
- Experience in managing teams across different locations
- Experience in coaching and motivating staff to deliver high levels of performance
- Evidence of continuous professional development
- Demonstrable experience of working in a structured process environment supported by an on-going desire to continually improve