Up to £65000 per annum
5 months ago
Role: Senior Category Manager
Salary: Up to £63k +4k car allowance
Location: London (1 day p/w in the office)
Develop new innovative strategies which will be presented to relevant senior stakeholders, using creative commercial models, market leading technology and trends that will drive competitive edge for the business.
Manage their subcategory pipeline of Operational procurement activities.
Manage their category strategic sourcing activities for large value, complex spend areas which align with the business and the broader business / market strategies. Operate within the governance process and produce any required documentation to progress the services or goods procurement
The purpose of this role is to manage the Operational procurement of goods and services as required by our stakeholders.
This role will deliver sourcing, procurement, implementation, and post-contract management activities. This will involve working closely with business stakeholders to create and execute short and long-term procurement strategies for the relevant subcategory which will best position Heathrow to maximise value delivery, minimise risk and delivery the agreed benefits of the category through cost saving, revenue generation or improved Airport operations.
In addition, this role will liaise with the Operational Procurement teams to ensure appropriate sourcing strategies on common spend categories (e.g., design/build/maintain/operate opportunities, refurbishment of facilities, asset maintenance & service, IT & Telecoms). The role will work with the suppliers and Heathrow teams to monitor and report on progress against continuous improvement initiatives and performance measures.
- Minimum of 2 years post qualification experience in Construction, Professional Services, or operational procurement with evidence of a Commercial and Contractual bias
- Demonstrable experience in a variety of Procurement and Contracting models relevant to business area of operation including but not limited to NEC, Framework, Work Packages
- Experience of delivering Projects to meet business affordability targets
- Experience of working in an integrated project team involving supplier partnering organisations
- Experience of working in a matrix organisation
- Demonstrable experience in managing team(s) and influencing peers and stakeholders
- Experience in coaching and motivating staff to deliver high levels of performance
- Evidence of continuous professional development
- Demonstrable experience - allowing applicants to draw on their experience and give relevant examples