Senior Category Manager
Up to £56353 per annum + Excellent Benefits
about 2 months ago
Senior Category Manager
Salary: to £56,353 per annum + Excellent Benefits
This is an exceptional time to be joining this forward thinking client as part of their Procurement Services Team. They have launched a new Estates Strategic Plan which will see a significant investment (c£600m) which will enable collaboration and innovation. They have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Category Manager, ideally with Estates and Facilities procurement experience, to join their team in a role that will be central to the delivery of this estates strategy.
About the role
- As Senior Category Manager you will be the lead for estates and facilities procurement activity, ensuring compliant procurement which meets business needs and delivers value for money.
- You will develop and implement overarching category plans and detailed procurement strategies covering construction for major and minor works, and Hard and Soft FM services.
- You will lead a small team of Procurement Managers and Procurement Officers to support delivery of procurement requirements
- You will work closely with contract managers to ensure contract performance expectations are met
So what's in it for you?
You will be offered some excellent benefits including:
- 44 days leave per year (including 6 closure days and 8 days public holidays)
- A 35-hour working week
- Excellent pension scheme
- Hybrid working (based 1-2 days) flexible
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Staff discounts
- Discounted access to a sports complex
- Supported departmental development opportunities
- Assistance with relocation if applicable
What you'll bring
- As a Senior Category Manager you will have experience of delivering end-to-end procurements for large scale capital projects and hard/soft FM service contracts in a regulated and complex environment, ideally with public sector procurement experience
- A high level of commercial acumen
- The ability to build strong, productive relationships across our academic and research staff, professional services and key external suppliers and partners
Our client is committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture and creating an environment where people can balance successful careers with their commitments and interests outside of work. Their flexible working practices, including a hybrid working model, where employees can split their working time between the office and home to create a balance that brings long-lasting benefits for them and their people.
If this sounds like you and you would like to find out more, send your updated CV to: email@example.com. Interviews will take place ASAP.