Senior Buyer - £35k
£30000 - £35000 per annum + Bonus, Pension
over 1 year ago
Liquid error: internal
Are you an ambitious, commercially savvy junior Procurement professional with a background in industrial manufacturing?
Would you like to work for a major international brand and a supportive manager who actively seeks to develop their staff?
A well-known, global manufacturing company in the West Midlands is seeking a Senior Buyer to support on sourcing activities across a range of Direct categories.
Joining an established team of 8 with a friendly, sociable culture, you will negotiate costs and other terms effectively, and identify and recommend cost reduction opportunities for existing products. You will monitor commodity market trends, ensure continuity of supply and source new parts as required. You will agree and maintain standards and KPI's with suppliers in line with stakeholders, with agreed monitors and escalation routes, take the lead in managing negotiations for direct costs; and maintain and improve the introduction of new products and localisation of new components with suppliers, meeting quality, cost, and delivery targets.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a leading manufacturer which is experiencing ongoing growth and offers excellent training and development opportunities.
If you're looking for the next step in your Procurement career, apply now.
Key Skills & Experience:
- Minimum 2-3 years' Procurement experience, ideally with some exposure to Direct categories and a background in industrial manufacturing companies (e.g. Engineering, Automotive, Chemicals, Aerospace).
- Knowledge of MRP systems and proficiency in Excel.
- Happy working in a heavily process-driven, busy, challenging environment.
- Must hold a full UK driving licence and be prepared to travel for business needs, both in the UK and overseas.
- BA Degree or equivalent in Engineering, Business, Procurement & Supply Chain, Economics, Mathematics or a similar discipline (desirable).
The role is entirely office based, so you must live within a commutable distance and be willing to spend 5 days per week on site.