€70000 - €95000 per annum + 10% bonus + package
690160 - 12012023_1673526171
about 1 year ago
Role: Senior Buyer - OPEX
Location: Rotterdam - hybrid working, with regular site travel
Salary: Up to €95k + 10% bonus + package
Are you an ambitious procurement expert with experience procuring machinery, maintenance or construction services within the oil and gas infrastructure sector?
If so, this is an exciting new role in a transformational business who are changing the shape of energy sustainability. This role offers the opportunity to work closely with the leadership team, with rapid significant career progression options for hungry and ambitious professionals.
This Fortune 500 energy and industrial services organisation are renowned as the number one business in their sector. They are pioneers of sustainable energy and continue to play a major role in the journey to net zero.
Supported by an experienced Head of Procurement, they put a huge focus on talent development and career progression. You will take ownership of one of their most critical expenditure categories across Benelux with significant exposure to senior leaders across the business. This role is posed well to pave the way for future leadership opportunities.
You will have end-to-end ownership of a defined portfolio of critical suppliers associated with pipeline infrastructure, maintenance, and machinery across the Benelux region. You will be a key business partner to operational colleagues, ensuring they have the tools and support to maximise productivity and distribution through proactive supplier management and procurement.
You will be responsible for developing, implementing, and enacting your category strategy across the region. Working in conjunction with the broader European procurement team and regional stakeholders, you will proactively challenge previous methods of procurement whilst always focussing on efficiency, risk, and cost.
Working in close conjunction with your stakeholders, you will be their first point of call for all procurement, supplier and contract activities. This role covers the end-to-end procurement process and it is critical that you have in-depth stakeholder management skills.
Reporting to the Head of Procurement for North East Europe, this role will be based in or around Rotterdam, Netherlands. Hybrid and homeworking are actively promoted; however, this role will also require regular travel (c. 3 days per week) to facilities across Benelux.
- You will demonstrate knowledge of procurement within the oil and gas or energy industries, with a solid understanding of pipeline procurement for equipment and maintenance programmes associated with energy ifnrastructure.
- You will have an engineers mindset and are capable of discussing technical machinery and maintenance contracts.
- You will demonstrate a mature approach to engaging, influencing, and supporting stakeholders of varying seniority within operational business units.
- You will be confident and articulate, comfortable engaging with operational leaders across a variety of cultures and backgrounds.
- Fluency in Dutch is essential. Good French language skills are a differentiator, but not critical.
- Relevant Degree/Masters + CIPS or equivalent