£50000 - £55000 per annum + Excellent Benefits
about 1 month ago
Role: Senior Buyer (Manufacturing)
Salary: Up to £55,000 + Excellent Benefits
Location: Derby (DE65)
Are you a Buyer or Senior Buyer with strategic procurement experience gained in the Automotive or wider Manufacturing sectors? Are you motivated by the opportunity to play a key role in a global category team, leading a spend of c£120m across global Tier 1 OEM vendors? If so, 1st Executive have a fantastic opportunity with hugely successful global manufacturing business, reporting significant revenue growth and demonstrating impressive investments (c£100m) in R&D & Innovation across Hydrogen and E-Tech machines as part of their commitment to sustainability and energy efficiency.
- The Senior Buyer will lead a strategic category portfolio of c£120m across OEM Engines
- Responsible for owning contracts and engagement with 7 to 8 key global suppliers
- Hugely complex category portfolio - hand held products through to heavy industrial machinery and generators (9 Hp all the way up to 750KW generators)
- Significant variation in product scope, with each business unit having its own set of engineers - need to be passionate about getting into the detail and balancing numerous concurrent projects
- Role remit will expand over time to encompass the Hydrogen Engines programme; complimenting in-house build programme with 3rd party OEM products
- You will be responsible for developing category strategies to ensure a robust and competitive supply chain.
- Ensure early engagement with engineering and suppliers to ensure we are sourcing the best products from the beginning of our projects.
- Manage multiple resource / capacity projects.
- Identify and drive cost reduction activities across the business.
- Responsible for leading contractual negotiations (Long Term / Development / Warranty Agreements etc)
- Develop and lead global supplier relationships to deliver tangible mutual benefits.
- Work with suppliers and engineering to identify new technologies to reduce cost and or add additional value to our machines.
- Significant procurement experience gained within Manufacturing/Engineering.
- OEM Engine commodity experience would be ideal but is not essential.
- Experience developing and implementing global category strategies.
- Confident negotiator with a proven record of creating cost ideas and delivering significant reductions.
- Experience managing multiple projects and co-ordinating cross functional teams to ensure on-time delivery.
- Ability to build strong internal relationships - preferably experience working closely with technical engineers.