£40000 - £45000 per annum + + Excellent Benefits Package
3 months ago
Our client is a leading technology company and specialist in the design, build, support and management of the UK's critical digital infrastructure, drawing on decades of experience in mission critical communications and technology. They operate within various industry sectors including Rail, Traffic, Public Safety, Defence, Service Providers, Enterprise and Public Sector
In this role you will have the opportunity to work as part of a developing team, responsible for building commercial relationships to gain clear agreement and commitment from others by persuading, influencing and negotiating.
You will already have gained a good foundation as a Buyer and be comfortable with running a basic tender. You will ideally have some IT Procurement exposure as key categories will include Hardware, Software, Networks, Networking, Cloud.
- Must have experience in a procurement or commercial environment
- Understanding of procurement principles, practices and the value that Procurement can bring
- A high attention to detail and ability to achieve high levels of data accuracy
- Confidence and ability to handle large volumes of data from different sources
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to demonstrate exceptional stakeholder management approach and skills
- Effective prioritisation of workload
- Experience of Microsoft Office 365 products especially MS Excel
- Experience or using Oracle systems, especially Oracle iProcurement would be an advantage
- Background in buying Hardware, software COTS/Integration/Development,Networking and Cloud would be advantage
- Degree / HND / HNC or equivalent in an appropriate discipline
- CIPS qualification would be ideal or working towards
If this is of interest, please send your cv to Alex Steel alex.steel@1st-executive to schedule a chat and find out more. Interviews will take place ASAP.