Birmingham, West Midlands
£45000 - £50000 per annum + Bonus
16 days ago
FM & Utilities - Senior Buyer - £45,000 - £50,000 (Birmingham) Hybrid 2/3 days WFH
Role: FM & Utilities - Senior Buyer
Salary: £45,000 - £50,000 + Bonus
Location: Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom
I am currently working with a client of mine who are well recognised as being one of the leading providers within the environmental/sustainability space. The right candidate will have Facilities Management/Utilities experience.
The role will see you manage a £40-£50 million portfolio and work closely with the Senior Procurement Manager to best bring positive change to the business and Purchasing function throughout the Public sector division within health care and educational services facilities.
This role requires someone who is a forward-thinking, good communicator with stakeholders, commercially focused with a strong team ethic. You will need to have experience of working closely with Stakeholders in the past.
- Working strategically with suppliers to drive innovative efficiency initiatives using Continuous Improvement methodologies.
- Delivering consistent and professional Procurement services to internal customers.
- Lead negotiations, develop & award contracts with adherence to and management of best practices and Procurement policy in line with Delegated Levels of Authorities.
- Contract negotiation and drafting experience across FM sub-categories and knowledge of the various property contract forms.
- Delivering and exceeding on our sustainability commitments.
- Developing, implementing and driving compliance to Procurement processes, policies and systems.
- Managing suppliers who deliver services that are specific to the Business Unit and sourcing new suppliers who are best able to meet the needs of the Business; ensuring best value, fitness for purpose, risk reduction and a quality service to the end customer.
- Strong financial and commercial acumen with a high level of passion, creativity and desire to achieve results.
- Proven success in contract negotiations and being able to evidence sustainability of those benefits long term.
- Supplier Framework Agreements and Contracts are used and publicised across the business to ensure colleagues are aware of who to buy from and how much to pay.
- Ability to work at pace on multiple projects to challenging deadlines.
- Experience of embedding strategic procurement sustainability initiatives within the supply chain.
- Ability to lead and to reduce costs and drive the business unit forward long term.
- Experience of multi stakeholder organisational skills.
- Strong negotiation skills with key influencing skills.
- Driven & Commercial mindset to make positive changes throughout.
- Strong communicator with presentation and feedback skills previously shown.
- Experience developing and implementing successful long-term category strategies providing tangible benefits to the organisation.
If you are interested in this role above, get in touch and I will contact you as soon as possible.