£50000 - £65000 per annum + Excellent Package
about 1 month ago
Senior Buyer - Derbyshire (South)
My client is going through a period of unprecedented growth, which has led to the expansion of their Strategic Procurement team. The 5-year plan will see them double in size globally, which has led to multiple greenfield Procurement vacancies supporting significant investment in new product development, and the opening of new manufacturing locations, most notably in the USA.
They have several key projects planned over the next 5 years, including new machine implementations, development of their global BU's and investment into R&D for the future.
The Purchasing and Procurement function is responsible for an annual spend of over £3 billion, with over 3,000 global suppliers across several direct categories, including:
- Raw Materials
The senior buyer would be joining a fast-paced environment, where they would like you to drive the future direction of purchasing and procurement. You will be expected to work closely with global purchasing teams and mange global supplier relationships to add value.
The main purpose of the role is to ensure that you, the Senior Buyer will manage the direct spend within the preferred category and ensure purchasing and agreements are at the most competitive prices.
You will be responsible for developing global category strategies to ensure a robust and competitive supply chain.
- Develop Category Strategies
- Engage with suppliers and stakeholder to ensure you are sourcing the best products for projects
- Manage multiple resource / capacity projects with suppliers
- You will identify and drive cost reduction activities
- Be responsible for leading contractual negotiations for your suppliers
- Develop and lead (global/regional) supplier relationships
- Build strong relationships across the business and your supply base
You will ideally be a Procurement professional who has experience with Purchasing and Procurement in a manufacturing, automotive or similar industry. You will be within a reasonable commute time for South Derbyshire andl be interested in joining a global business where there is a large amount of opportunity to develop.
- Procurement experience - preferably within the manufacturing industry
- Experienced in purchasing for direct categories, preferably within Hydraulics, Electronics, Fasteners, Components, Engines, Plastics or Raw materials
- Experience developing and implementing successful long-term category strategies
- Understanding of key cost drivers within a supply base
- Confident negotiator with a proven record of creating cost ideas and delivering significant reductions
- Experience managing multiple projects and co-ordinating cross functional teams to ensure on-time delivery
- Experience managing high level supplier relationships & delivering tangible benefits - preferably within global organisations
- Ability to build strong internal relationships - preferably experience working closely with technical engineers
- You have a sense of urgency and determination to succeed
- You can operate in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities
- You are resilient, adaptable and open to change
- You work well within a team and can support others when needed
If you have direct procurement experience across any of the pre-mentioned categories, please either apply directly to this advert, or get in touch with me at: firstname.lastname@example.org