£55000 - £60000 per annum + 5% Bonus
3 months ago
Senior Buyer - £55,000 - £60,000 (Rocester)
Role: Senior Buyer
Salary: Up to £55,000 - £60,000 + 5% Bonus
Location: Rocester, United Kingdom
This is an extremely exciting career move for anyone looking to move into the innovative manufacturing industry. This organisation is revolutionising the way in which construction is carried out with heavy duty machinery. This company are one of the leading suppliers of equipment to the construction sector throughout the world.
With a global presence the company has a rich history for providing quality product for serious projects throughout the world. The headquarters are in Uttoxeter, but this role will be carried out in Rocester. If you're an ambitious, commercially minded Procurement professional who can demonstrate a track record of leadership and success in fast paced manufacturing or machinery environment, this is the role for you!
- Develop Category Strategies for each area of responsibility, working with the wider business to ensure strategies are implemented in a timely manner
- Ensure early engagement with engineering and suppliers to ensure we are sourcing the best products from the beginning of our projects
- Manage multiple resource / capacity projects with suppliers to ensure we can achieve our 5-year plan
- Identify and drive cost reduction activities across the business
- Responsible for leading contractual negotiations for your suppliers (Long Term / Development / Warranty Agreements etc)
- Develop and lead global supplier relationships to deliver tangible mutual benefits
- Work with suppliers and engineering to identify new technologies to reduce cost and or add additional value to our machines
- Build strong relationships across the company and the supply base, be responsible and accountable to make and influence key decisions that are in the best interest of the organisation.
- Significant procurement experience - preferably within a manufacturing business
- Experience developing and implementing successful long-term category strategies
- Understanding of key cost drivers within a supply base
- Confident negotiator with a proven record of creating cost ideas and delivering significant reductions
- Experience managing multiple projects and co-ordinating cross functional teams to ensure on-time delivery
- Experience working with a global supply base - ability to travel globally is a requirement for this role
- Experience managing high level supplier relationships & delivering tangible benefits - preferably within global organisations
- Ability to build strong internal relationships - preferably experience working closely with technical engineers
To say thank you for your hard work, we will work with you to support your career progression and development. We will also provide a competitive salary and benefits package, company pension scheme, medical insurance and dental care schemes, access to the company's on-site gym, 33 days annual leave and flexibility around daily start and finish times.
As an employee, you will also be able to access the incredible Golf & Country Club.
You will also have access to a Reward Hub - giving you fantastic savings across a huge range of high street retailers, as well as access to exclusive company perks such as our Cycle to Work Scheme.